This lesson will guide you through creating and managing student passwords that grant access to the Home Connection Portal and online testing.
You will need to have the permission to Manage Student Portal Access which can be granted by your school or district administration. In addition, the Home Connection Portal must already be set up and enabled at your district.
Where to Start
This lesson begins assuming that your student already has a Student Portal account. To learn more, visit Student Portal Access/Password Setup.
From the Online Testing Proctoring Page
If the student is currently trying to access an online test, you can first open your online testing roster in which you assigned the test to the student.
- Click on the Actions menu.
- Select Reset Password.
- A pop-up box will appear and you can type in a new password for the student. Click Save.
From Student Portal Management
- Click Students.
- Under Student Portal, select Manage Portal Access.
First, remove a student:
- Search for the student you wish to reset their password for.
- Select Disable, click Yes to confirm.
Next, add a student:
- Select Add a Student.
- Use the input controls to find students. Click Submit. You can also search for the student in the Search bar using Student ID.
- Check the individual student or students.
- Set temporary passwords, choose Random Password or Custom Password. Once the password is set, select OK.
For additional resources on Online Testing, see the Illuminate U! lesson: U350 Online Testing Administration.