This lesson will guide users through the process of managing students who have been pre-registered through the portal.
Where to Start
1. Select the Admin Gear.
2. Under Pre-Registration, select Manage Pre-registered Students.
View List of Pre-registered Students
- Note the students in blue that need to be pre-registered.
- At the top of the page, select Pre-register Student.
Avoid Duplications of Pre-Existing Students
1. Type in a portion of the student's name to see if they already exist in the system.
2. Check the box to Include Pre-regisered Students Click, Search.
Pre-Registration Detail Options
Review the information by clicking on the students name. If all information is correct, select View Summary.
1. Approved- If you approved the application, you need to enter and Effective Date and click Apply. Once approved, if an area for attachments was included in the Pre-Registration Form you just approved, office staff will still be able to access that approved registration form and subsequent attachments from the Manage Pre-Registered Students page..
2. Denied- If you choose to Deny the application for any reason, you will have the option to enter a comment about why the application is denied. Then click Save changes.
The parent will see this message in the portal and can make adjustments to the form and resubmit.
You will see a yellow bar indicating that the student has been approved and can now search for the student using the regular search options and add additional information as needed such as a schedule, a counselor, etc. Note: Once approved, the pre-registration form can no longer be viewed in the parent portal.
If the parent logs back into the portal they will see a green message indicating that their student was successfully enrolled.
For Contacts who already have a student in the district/portal account:
1. If a contact has multiple students in the district, upon entering a new student linked to this contact, you should see their name display in a dropdown menu. Click on their name.
NOTE: If you do not select the contact name from the dropdown menu, the system assumes you are creating a new contact and a new access key is generated to create a new portal account.
2. You should see their address information display and auto fill in the form.
Once saved, this contact will likely have 'Yes' under "Is Registered?". You can choose to send them access to the portal again via email.
Registering Multiple Students within the Parent Portal:
If a contact has already registered their portal account, they will access the portal via the regular login page. To access multiple students, the contact simply needs to click on the student name at left to see a dropdown of other students to pre-register.
Once parents have submitted Registration Forms
Once parents have submitted their forms, you will need to approve students. To do so:
1. Click on the Contact Name.
Approving a Pre-registered Student's Application
Under Manage Pre-registered students, you will see a list of students, the ones with checkboxes are ready for approval.
1. Select the checkbox to the right of the student's name.
2. Select Approve Pre-Registration Records then press Action.
A pop-up will display asking you if you are sure you want to approve the records, and what date you would like to make it effective. Select the date, and click Submit.
Now you will see that the students Pre-registration application is Approved. Again, once approved, if an area for attachments was included in the Pre-Registration Form you just approved, office staff will still be able to access that approved registration form and subsequent attachments from the Manage Pre-Registered Students page.