This lesson will guide you through setting up an online assessment using the Illuminate Student Portal. This process requires you to select the group of students who need to see the assessment. Students must have active Portal accounts to access their assessments.
If you want students to access assessments without using the Student Portal, see the guide Online Testing Setup Using a Quick Code.
Before You Begin
Your students will need the following information to access their online assessments:
- A link to your district's Portal website (e.g. yourdistrict.illuminatehc.com).
- A Student Portal Username and Password.
Where to Start
- Click Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Click the title of your assessment to open it.
- Go to Administration > Online Testing.
Add a Testing Administration
- Click + Test in Portal to create a testing session.
- Testing Window Start and End Dates and Times: This is the entire window of availability for this test in the Portal. By default, the test will be available from the start date and time through the end date and time, including out of school hours and weekends.
- You can choose a certain Academic Year to choose all students rostered in that year.
- Grade Level: You can choose an entire Grade Level to choose all students in that grade at the site you have access to.
- Site: You can assign the test to an entire site. District or school options will be determined by what sites you have access to.
- User: If you choose a school site, you can then drilldown to a specific user to choose all students that are rostered to that user.
- Departments: If your district includes department data in your course information, you could assign to any student with a class in that department.
- Course: Select the course you would like to assign this test to.
- Section: Allows you to choose which class section or period should have access to the test. You must choose a school site to have access to the class sections.
- Students: All students who meet the other criteria you've selected will be chosen by default. In order to pick individual students, you will need to choose a user first.
- Student Count: The total number of students selected.
- To learn Administration Settings, visit Online Testing - Administration Settings.
- To learn about Tool Settings, visit Online Testing Tools Library.
- To learn about Review Settings, visit Enable Assessment Review Settings.
- When finished, click Save.
Teachers will only have access to their site of affiliation and the students rostered to them. Teachers can choose the academic year, grade level, department (if available), course, and sections, but all of their rostered students will show without any options selected.
Once your roster has saved, the Online Testing page displays the following information:
- Delete allows you to delete the roster and removes it from Active Administrations.
- Edit navigates you to the page to edit your roster settings.
- Created by indicates the user who created the online testing roster.
- Date Window displays the time period the assessment is available.
- Time Window displays All Day or a Daily Window (time frame within each day).
- Duration displays a time limit if added to the roster.
- Status displays the status of the roster (Pending - yellow, Current - green, Passed - red).
- Site Info displays any Academic Year, Grade Level, School Site, and User settings selected.
- Course Info displays any Department, Course, and Section settings selected.
- Student Info/Tools displays the number of students assigned to take the test online and gives you access to the Assessment Panel (Live Proctoring).
- Auth Info displays password you created under Administration Settings - Availability if applicable.
- Deleted Administrations allows you to view rosters you have deleted.
Please do not delete existing rosters or you will not need to administer this test online. Any roster can be edited to make the appropriate corrections.