This lesson will guide users through setting up an online assessment using a quick access code. Quick codes allow users to assign a test without having to select which students should have access.
This option allows students to directly start the assessment and bypasses the Student Portal login. When enabled, it generates a 7-character access code for students to log into illuminate.online (re-directs to https://testing.illuminateed.com/auth/quick).
Once students confirm their student ID, SSID, portal username, or email address and access code, the test begins.
Required Permission: Online Testing - Create Quick Rosters
If users want students to sign into the Student Portal first, see the guide Online Testing Setup Using the Student Portal.
Before You Start
- Consider asking the district IT team to install shortcuts to illuminate.online on the devices students will use the take the assessment. This will help students navigate to the quick link without typing the web address into their browsers.
- This option is a great way to quickly get started for teachers in the moment, on the fly, using technology in the classroom to assess students. It is important to offer strong training opportunities where they can practice before conducting in their classroom.
- The Student Portal still stores all assessment data and student progress. This is just a quick way for students and teachers to get started with online testing. They can always use this tool and then edit their Administration Settings for the roster created.
Where to Start
- Select Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Select the title of the assessment to open it.
- Go to Administration > Online Testing
To see more details on accessing the Online Testing page, select your assessment type: Flexible Assessment or Legacy Assessment.
Add a Quick Roster
- Select the Test with Quick Code button to create a testing session.
- A roster will appear in the list of Active Administrations.
- An Access Code is generated and the test is now available for online testing.
- Select Edit to adjust any online testing settings.
Edit Online Testing Settings (Optional)
- Testing Window Start and End Dates and Times: This is the entire window of availability for this test in Online Testing. By default, the test will be available from the start date and time through the end date and time, including out of school hours and weekends.
- To learn Administration Settings, visit Online Testing - Administration Settings.
- To learn about Tool Settings, visit Online Testing Tools Library.
- To learn about Review Settings, visit Enable Assessment Review Settings.
- When finished, Select Save.
Need to preview the assessment before administering it? See the guide Preview an Online Assessment to learn more.
To see student responses in real-time while conducting your online assessment, see the guide Live Proctoring.