This lesson will guide you through using Quick Rostering for an online test. Quick rosters allow you to quickly assign a test without having to select which students should have access to the test in their student portal. Teachers can still customize settings for the test as they see fit.
This option bypasses logging into the student portal first and allows students to directly start the assessment. When enabled, it generates a 7-character access code for students to log into illuminate.online or https://testing.illuminateed.com/auth/quick. Once they confirm their student ID, SSID, portal username, or email address and access code, the test begins.
Required Permission: Online Testing - Create Quick Rosters
Before You Start
- Consider asking your IT team to install shortcuts to the portal and illuminate.online on the desktop computers or devices students will use the take the assessment. This will help your students navigate to the quick link as opposed to the portal.
- This option is a great way to quickly get started for teachers in the moment, on the fly, using technology in the classroom to assess. It is important to offer strong training opportunities where they can practice before conducting in their classroom.
- The Student Portal still stores all assessment data and student progress. This is just a quick way for students and teachers to get started with online testing. They can always use this tool and then edit their Administration Settings for the roster created.
If you want students to sign into the Student Portal first, please visit Enable Assessment for Online Testing.
1. Go to Assessments > View Assessments and open the desired assessment by clicking on the Title.
2: Under Administration, select Online Testing.
1. Select Test with Quick Code to instantly create an access code and schedule the assessment.
- An Access Code is generated and the test is now available for online testing.
- To manage or edit the Administration Settings of your scheduled assessment, select Edit. You can adjust the testing windows, available tools, browser settings (locked browser), and review settings.
Log in via illuminate.online
Students can visit illuminate.online and use their Local Student ID, SSID, email address, or their portal username and test-specific access code to log in.
If you choose to provide the direct link, your students will only need to input their student ID, SSID, email address, or portal username because the access code will already be populated for them.
Once students have entered their ID and Access Code, Assessment Details and Student Details will populate. Students click the Confirm button to access the assessment.
Now that you are conducting an online assessment, learn more about Live Proctoring!