This lesson will guide you through the process of using Quick Rostering for an online test. As opposed to Enable Assessment for Online Testing, this helps a teacher create a roster quickly without having to assign settings, but rather assign to all students with defaulted settings. This option bypasses a student from logging into the student portal first, and directly starting the assessment.
When enabled, it generates a 7-character access code for students to log into https://testing.illuminateed.com/auth/quick or illuminate.online as a shortcut. Once they confirm their student ID and access code, they are instantly in the assessment.
Before You Start
- Consider talking to your Tech Team to have shortcuts installed on the desktop computers, smart devices, or technology student will use the take the assessment for chosen link selected above. This will help your students navigate the quick link as opposed to the portal.
- This option is a great way to quickly get started for teachers in the moment, on the fly, using technology in the classroom to assess. It is important to offer strong training opporunities where they can practice before conducting in their classroom.
- The Student Portal is still the vessal or space where all of their progress is stored. This is just a quick way for students and teachers to get started. They can always use this tool then apply or edit their Administration Settings for the roster created.
If wanting Students to sign into the Student Portal first, please visit Enable Assessment for Online Testing.
1. Go to Assessments > View Assessments and open the desired assessment by clicking on the Title.
2: Under Administration, select Online Testing.
1. Select Test with Quick Code to instantly create a roster and access code. The students that are automatically selected by default follow rostering and visability.
- An Access Code is generated and your students are now rostered and ready for online testing!
- To Manage or Edit Administration Settings such, select Edit. This will help to adjust rostering specifics, testing window, administration, tool and review settings.
At this point, students can either:
- Visit illuminate.online and enter the present code with their student ID, or
- Share the direct link to students or class to confirm student ID and get started
Students can use their Local Student ID, SSID, email address, or their Portal username and test-specific access code to login into https://testing.illuminateed.com/auth/quick (students can type in illuminate.online as a shortcut)
Once students have entered their ID and Access Code, Assessment Details and Student Details will populate. Students click the Confirm button to access the assessment.
Now that you are conducting an online assessment, learn more about Live Proctoring!