This lesson will guide you through setting up an online assessment using a quick access code. Quick codes allow you to assign a test without having to select which students should have access.
This option allows students to directly start the assessment and bypasses the Student Portal login. When enabled, it generates a 7-character access code for students to log into illuminate.online (re-directs to https://testing.illuminateed.com/auth/quick).
Once students confirm their student ID, SSID, portal username, or email address and access code, the test begins.
Required Permission: Online Testing - Create Quick Rosters
If you want students to sign into the Student Portal first, see the guide Online Testing Setup Using the Student Portal.
- Consider asking your IT team to install shortcuts to illuminate.online on the devices students will use the take the assessment. This will help your students navigate to the quick link without typing the web address into their browsers.
- This option is a great way to quickly get started for teachers in the moment, on the fly, using technology in the classroom to assess students. It is important to offer strong training opportunities where they can practice before conducting in their classroom.
- The Student Portal still stores all assessment data and student progress. This is just a quick way for students and teachers to get started with online testing. They can always use this tool and then edit their Administration Settings for the roster created.
Where to Start
- Click Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Click the title of your assessment to open it.
- Go to Administration > Online Testing
Add a Quick Roster
- Click the Test with Quick Code button to create a testing session.
- A roster will appear in the list of Active Administrations.
- An Access Code is generated and the test is now available for online testing.
- Click Edit to adjust any online testing settings.
- Testing Window Start and End Dates and Times: This is the entire window of availability for this test in the Portal. By default, the test will be available from the start date and time through the end date and time, including out of school hours and weekends.
- To learn Administration Settings, visit Online Testing - Administration Settings.
- To learn about Tool Settings, visit Online Testing Tools Library.
- To learn about Review Settings, visit Enable Assessment Review Settings.
- When finished, click Save.