This lesson will guide you through using an Assessment View. This feature allows you to view results from multiple assessments simultaneously. For example, you could see the distribution of how students are scoring within proficiency bands for ELA in grades 3-8.
This lesson assumes you have already created an Assessment View or have access to one that a colleague shared with you. If you have not, see the Create/Edit an Assessment View lesson for details.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Click View Assessments.
- Select the title of an Assessment View.
Overview Page Options
- The Overview page opens by default
- Information tab: Allows you to edit the title or change which assessments you want to add or delete. See Create/Edit an Assessment View for more information.
- Select Participation to access the Participation Report. To learn more, visit Participation Report Setup.
Share the Assessment View with other users. This includes the options:
- Can View
- Can Administer
- Can Share
- Can Edit
- The Advanced tab contains the options delete, export, share all assessments in the Assessment View, or submit all assessments to ZE Library.
- Assessments Summary: Allows you to view the Assessments Summary Report.
- All assessments added to the Assessment View are listed. Clicking on any assessment will open it.
- The bar graph charts the cumulative results for all students who took one or more of the assessments contained in the Assessment View. The pie chart displays average results for all students who took one or more of the assessments.
Create or Add to a Custom Report
- Create New Custom Report: This will create a brand new custom report with this Assessment View data. Enter the title and select the columns you wish to have on the report. Click Create.
- Add to Existing Custom Report is the option to add this Assessment View information to an existing custom report. Select which report and what columns you wish to add. Click Save.
3. Once the report is saved, the report will show under Custom Reports on the Assessment View Overview page.
Assessments Summary Report
- Click the column headers to sort the column.
- Click a download icon to download the assessment list as a Microsoft Excel workbook (.xls), Adobe Reader (,pdf), text document (.txt), or data (xml) file.
- Use the Search field to find particular students, assessments, etc.
- Use the Show dropdown to adjust the number of results visible per page.