This lesson will guide you through using an Assessment View. This feature allows you to view results from multiple assessments simultaneously. For example, you could see the distribution of how students are scoring within proficiency bands for ELA in grades 3-8.
Note: This lesson assumes you have already created an Assessment View or have access to one that a colleague shared with you. If you have not, see the Create/Edit an Assessment View lesson for details.
Where to Start
1. Click the Assessments tab.
2. Then under General, click View Assessments.
3. Click on More Filters in the Search bar.
4. Under Type, select the filter labeled Assessment View. Optional: Type the title of the Assessment View in the "Search assessments..." search bar.
5. Click Search.
6. Click on the title of the Assessment View to access it.
Overview Page Options
You will default to the Overview (1) page. This page has the following options:
2. Information tab: Allows you to edit the title or change which assessments you want to add or delete. See Create/Edit an Assessment View for more information.
3. Share tab: Allows you to share the Assessment View with other users.
4. Advanced tab: Allows you to delete, export, share all assessments in the Assessment View, or submit all assessments to ZE Library. See the Next Steps section of this lesson to learn more.
5. Assessments Summary: Allows you to view the Assessments Summary Report.
6. Assessments list: All assessments added to the Assessment View are listed here. Clicking on any assessment will open it.
7. Custom Reports list: All custom reports using data from the Assessment View are listed here. Clicking on any custom report will open it.
8. Charts: The bar graph charts the cumulative results for all students who took one or more of the assessments contained in the Assessment View. The pie chart displays average results for all students who took one or more of the assessments. Note: Both charts are interactive, so you can hover your mouse cursor over a bar or wedge to see additional information.
Custom Report Creation or Addition from an Assessment View
1. Create New Custom Report: This will create a brand new custom report with this Assessment View data. Enter the title and select the columns you wish to have on the report. Click Create.
2. Add to Existing Custom Report: This will give you the option to add this Assessment View information to an existing custom report. Select which report and what columns you wish to add. Click Save.
3. Once the report is saved, your report will show under Custom Reports on the Assessment View Overview page.
Assessments Summary Report
The Assessments Summary Report displays the results of all assessments contained in the Assessment View. This page has the following options:
1. Sort columns: Wherever you see arrow up (^) and down (v) icons, you have the option to click a column heading to sort rows by the data in that heading. If you click the column header a second time, it will resort the data in the reverse order. The header icon will turn to an up (˄) or down (˅) arrow to indicate the sort order.
2. Export icons: Click a download icon to download your assessment list as a Microsoft Excel workbook (.xls), Adobe Reader (,pdf), text document (.txt), or data (xml) file.
3. Search: If you want to only list assessments that contain a particular word or phrase, type it in the Search field.
4. Show dropdown: If you want to change the number of assessment records listed on your screen at once (e.g., if you have access to a lot of assessments), use the Show drop-down menu at the bottom of the page to select a different number.