Illuminate DnA's assessment view feature allows you to view results from multiple assessments simultaneously. For example, you could see the distribution of how students are scoring within proficiency bands for ELA in grades 3-8.
This lesson assumes you have already created an assessment view or have access to one that a colleague shared with you. If you have not, see the "Create an Assessment View" lesson for details.
Where to Start
1. If your assessment view is not open, click Assessments.
2. Then under General, click View Assessments. Assessment Views are listed with/like other assessments.
Note the things you can do and see:
1. The assessment will open to the Overview tab.
2. The Information tab will allow you to edit the title or change which assessments you want to add or delete.
3. Click Share if you would like to have other users see the assessment view.
4. Click the Advanced tab if you want to export the assessment view.
5. All assessments already tied to the assessment view are listed under Assessments. Clicking on any assessment will open it.
6. The bar graph charts the cumulative results for all students who took one or more of the assessments contained in the assessment view, whereas the pie chart displays average results for all students who took one or more of the assessments. Note that both charts are interactive, so you can "hover" your mouse cursor over a bar or wedge to see additional information.
7. Click the Assessments Summary link to view the Assessments Summary Report.
8. Click + Custom Report to create a new Custom Report with this information, or add it to an existing Custom Report.
Custom Report Creation or Addition from an Assessment View
1. Create New Custom Report- This will create a brand new custom report with this Assessment View data. Enter the title and select the columns you wish to have on the report. Click Create.
2. Add to Existing Custom Report- This will give you the option to add this assessment view information to an existing custom report. Select which report and what columns you wish to add. Click Save.
Once you've saved or created, your report will show under Custom Reports on the Assessment View Overview page.
Assessment Summary Report
You will now see the results of all assessments contained in the assessment view. Note some things can may choose to do:
1. Wherever you see arrow up (^) and down (v) images, it means you can click a column heading to sort rows by the data in that heading. If you click the column header a second time, it will resort the data in the reverse order. The header icon will turn to an up (˄) or down (˅) arrow to indicate the sort order.
2. Click a download icon to download your assessment list as a Microsoft Excel workbook (xls), Adobe Reader (pdf), text document, or data (xml) file.
3. If you want to only list assessments that contain a particular word or phrase, type it in the Search field and then press Enter on your keyboard.
4. If you want to change the number of assessment records listed on your screen at once (e.g., if you have access to a lot of assessments), use the Show drop-down menu at the bottom of the page to select a different number.
*To return to where you were, click the Overview tab.
You might be interested in viewing the “Share with Others” lesson.