This lesson will guide users through using an Assessment View. This feature allows users to view results from multiple assessments simultaneously. For example, users could see the distribution of how students are scoring within proficiency bands for ELA in grades 3-8.
This lesson assumes users have already created an Assessment View or have access to one that a colleague shared with them. If users have not, see the Create/Edit an Assessment View lesson for details.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Select the title of an Assessment View.
Overview Page Options
- The Overview page opens by default, shown in the image above. A list of assessments and overall performance charts can be viewed.
- The Information tab allows users to edit the title or change which assessments they want to add or delete. See Create/Edit an Assessment View for more information.
- Select Participation to access the Participation Report. To learn more, visit Participation Report Setup.
Share the Assessment View with other users. This includes the options:
- Can View - access and view the information within the view
- Can Administer - administer the assessments within the view, would be used on combination with Share All Assessments in an Assessment View
- Can Share - can share the view with other users
- Can Setup Participation Window - allow users to complete the Participation Report setup
- The Advanced tab contains the options delete, export, share all assessments in the Assessment View, or submit all assessments to ZE Library.
- Assessments Summary: Allows you to view the Assessments Summary Report.
- All assessments added to the Assessment View are listed. Selecting any assessment will open it.
- The bar graph charts the cumulative results for all students who took one or more of the assessments contained in the Assessment View. The pie chart displays average results for all students who took one or more of the assessments.
Create or Add to a Custom Report
- Create New Custom Report: This will create a brand new custom report with this Assessment View data. Enter the title and select the columns you wish to have on the report. Select Create.
- Add to Existing Custom Report is the option to add this Assessment View information to an existing custom report. Select which report and what columns you wish to add. Select Save.
3. Once the report is saved, the report will show under Custom Reports on the Assessment View Overview page.
Assessments Summary Report
- Select the column headers to sort the column.
- Select a download icon to download the assessment list as a Microsoft Excel workbook (.xls), Adobe Reader (,pdf), text document (.txt), or data (xml) file.
- Use the Search field to find particular students, assessments, etc.
- Use the Show dropdown to adjust the number of results visible per page.