This lesson will guide you through creating, editing, or deleting a Summary Assessment / Demographic. This is useful for creating a location for entering and tracking scores or demographic information. For example, Oral Language Development scores, Writing score data (Rubric scores, Accuracy, Comprehension Level, and so on), etc. The steps for creating a summary assessment or demographic are the same.
Where to Start
- Click the Assessments tab.
- Under General, click Create Assessment.
- Click the Other tab.
- Click Summary or Demographic.
The more specific you get in this area, the easier it will be to find your assessment or demographic later using filters.
- Enter a Title.
- (Optional) Enter a Local Id.
- (Optional) Enter a Description.
- (Optional) Enter a Date Administered date.
- (Optional) Select Subject, Scopes, and Grade Levels.
- Click Save.
To edit this information at any time, click the Information tab.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Click + Add Column to add a new column. Repeat for the number of columns you need in the assessment/demographic.
- Enter the Column Name that will help you and/or others understand what type of scores are in the column.
- Pick the Column Type that best describes the type of data you want to enter in the column.
- Text allows any number/letter combination as well as complete sentences.
- Number allows a numerical value to be entered. This field helps in filtering a custom report to use integers or greater than/less than options, applying performance bands, and adding calculations.
- Date allows a dropdown calendar to pick the date.
- Boolean allows for checkbox entry. In custom reporting this allows filtering for "Is true" or "Is false."
- (Optional) Add a comma-separated list of values in Column Values to create a pre-populated dropdown on the Entry page.
- Click Save.
Tip: You do not need to add a column for Local Student ID. This column populates automatically and is used to match the data in your file to student records.
- Click Columns. You can only change the label or name of a column and its Column Value, if applicable. To change the Column Type, you need to delete the column and add a new one.
- To add columns, click + Add Column.
- To change the position of the columns, use the arrow icon to drag and drop a column in a different location.
- To delete a column, click the trash can icon.
- Click Save.
As the author, you can delete or remove an assessment from your account:
- To delete, click View Assessments from the Assessments tab. Find the assessment you would like to delete and click on the check box to the left the assessment/demographic.
- Once the box has been checked, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Edit dropdown menu to select Delete.
- Click Submit to confirm your task. This will delete the summary assessment and/or demographic and all associated data.
This will also remove and delete the assessment and its data with other users you have shared this assessment with.
Now that you have created your Summary Assessment / Demographic, you can learn how to share the assessment other others. View the lesson Share With Others to learn more.