This lesson will guide you through the variety of ways you can administer a survey within Illuminate as well as how to view the response data.
Where to Start
- Click on the Assessments tab.
- Under General, select View Assessments.
- Select your Survey from the list.
- Click Survey Administration to see all administration options.
If you are scanning responses:
- Select Print Answer Sheet to print answer documents to collect data. Currently surveys can only be conducted anonymously. Click Generate to generate and print answer documents.
- When you are ready to scan, select Scan to scan survey results.
Surveys require an actual student ID on each form, though the results will NOT actually be linked to the student in any way.
Manual Response Entry
- Select Enter Responses.
- Use the + and - signs to input how many students responded to the survey.
- Use the + and - signs to input the number of each type of answer. Once you've reached the number of answer inputs to match your number of survey responses, that question will not allow you to input any more answer choices.
- Click Save Changes.
Surveys only accept one answer per question. If users need to select multiple answers you can create a Flexible Assessment.
From the Overview screen:
- View all Survey details.
- Each question will be displayed.
- View the data by label or response.
- A graph and table will display with response data for each question.
Responses cannot be deleted from a survey.
Now that you've learned how to administer and review data for a survey, learn about Legacy Assessment Basics.