This lesson will guide you through the variety of ways you can administer a survey within Illuminate as well as how to view the response data.
Note: Surveys only accept one answer per question. If users need to select multiple answers you can create a Flexible Assessment.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Assessments tab.
2. Under General, select View Assessments.
Once in the Overview, select Survey Administration to see all options for collecting response data.
If you are scanning responses:
1. Select Print Answer Sheet to print answer documents to collect data. Currently surveys can only be conducted anonymously. Click Generate to generate and print answer documents.
2. When you are ready to scan, select Scan to scan survey results.
Note: The answer documents will still print with a blank ID field, currently it does require an actual student ID on each form, though the results will NOT actually be linked to the student in any way.
Manual Response Entry
1. Use the + and - signs to input how many students responded to the survey.
2. Use the + and - signs to input the number of each type of answer. Once you've reached the number of answer inputs to match your number of survey responses, that question will not allow you to input any more answer choices.
3. Click Save Changes.
At the top of the Overview you will see the title of the survey, who created it, the # of questions (If you click on this number, you will be taken to the Edit Questions screen), # of responses, when it was created, and then the alerts that are green show what applies to this survey (i.e. Is it anonymous, a teacher survey, student survey, is it shared, etc.).
Below, you will see the graphical breakdown of the responses to each question, with the number and percentages of each answer choice below it.