This lesson goes over the tool of Behavior Comments. Behavior Comments allows a user to enter comments that are behavior specific, tied to a specific student. Any users with visibility to see the student, can view the comments attached. This is an optional and permissible feature and must be enabled by a System Administrator.
Where to Start
1. Select Behavior.
2. Click Student Behavior Comments.
Note: If you don't have a student selected, it will bring up Student Search 2.0 to help you locate the student.
Behavior Comments Overview
You will be able to view any comments associated with a student.
- A Date (1) will be associated with each comment
- Comment (2) will display a portion of the comment entered
- A Category (3) will be associated with each comment that are created by your District System Administrator
- Comment Type (4) options are created by your District System Administrator
- Based on permission, comments can be marked as Confidential (5) for specific users to view
- Modified (6) will display the date when the comment was last changed or edited
- The author's name will be displayed under By (7)
- If a comment is already listed, an Actions (8) menu will appear to further view, edit, or delete the existing comment, based on permission
- The Search (9) bar is available to quickly search through available comments
- To print the comments page, select any of the Print Options (such as Excel, PDF, or Text file) or the More button for additional printing options
To add a comment, select Add Behavior Comment (11).
1. Select a Comment Category from the dropdown menu.
2. Select a Comment Type from the dropdown menu.
3. Use the radio button to select Yes or No to make the comment confidential or not. This will make it private to you as a user or those with permission to view confidential comments.
4. Type your Comment in the text box.
5. Click Save when finished.
Once a comment has been created and saved, you will return to the Behavior Comments page. Only the author of the comment, with the exception of those with permission, can edit or delete their own comments:
To view a comment, select the View (1) or page icon under the Actions menu.
To edit or revise a comment, select the Edit (2) or pencil icon under the Actions menu.
To delete a comment, select the Delete (3) or trashcan icon under the Actions menu. The system will prompt you to confirm that you wish to delete the comment, by selecting Okay. The deleted comment cannot be restored.
Yes, you can! Behavior Comments can be found when Adding Columns to a Custom Report,
- Select Core Data.
- Search for 'Comments' and select Students: Comments.
- Under Matching Columns, available data from Comments will appear to select and add to the report.
This will add all comment types to the report. Use Filters to drilldown the Comment Type to Behavior, and see only Behavior Comments in the custom report.