This lesson will guide you through learning how to Take Attendance For Teachers by Tile Dashboard, Class Roster and Seating Chart.
Use this as a guide to facilitate the training in a computer lab. Show the videos before users log in or view one video at time so users can follow along.
Before You Get Started
- Only those with the appropriate permissions are able to replicate the activities within this lesson
- Based on the district's unique needs, attendance options may differ than those presented in this lesson
- Confirm with your IT/Technology Team your ability to access VIMEO on site/district computers
- If using Take Attendance By Seating Charts, seating charts must be confirmed prior to taking attendance for the first time.
Take Attendance by Tile Dashboard
Navigation: Upon login and entering the Tile Dashboard > Select the Take Attendance tile
When taking Attendance:
- The page will default on an available section
- Use the Select Section dropdown to select a section or class
- Enter Lunch Counts for both the Teacher and Student, if applicable
- Present (+) is the default attendance setting for all students
- Other attendance options such as A for Absent and T for Tardy in the example, may be different than your site based on setup
- After making any selections or changes, always select Save to submit and save results
Other Attendance options include:
- Select Download to generate a weekly or monthly summary of attendance
- Select the student's name to visit the Student Profile Report
- View next to the student's name provides the student's individual attendance summary
- Alerts are displayed to the left of a student's last name, if applicable
For more information about the dashboard, visit the Tile Dashboard lesson.
Take Attendance by Class Roster
Navigation: Attendance > By Class Roster > The same page as seen from the Take Attendance tile will appear.
Remember, by default, all students are marked present and must be saved to apply and confirm daily or by period attendance.
Take Attendance by Seating Chart
Video Coming Soon!
Navigation: Attendance> By Seating Chart
- View provides the ability to see all seating charts and layouts available to view, download, and print
- Arrange Students by selecting sections and layouts to assign students to
- Create layouts or Arrange Classroom with the number of desks in a room to assign students to
- Select the Section or Class to view the seating chart
- Select the Layout desired
- If applicable, enter the Teacher and Student Lunch Count
- Always select Save when any changes are made
- Select the attendance option required for each student; By default all students are marked as Present (*)