This lesson will show how to make basic edits to Student Enrollment including grade change and un-enrolling an existing student.
Where to Start
1. If you have not already selected a student, click Students.
2. Under General, click Enrollment History.
3. Use the filters to search for your student. Click Search. Select the student you need to modify.
1. Click edit at the top of the page.
2. The page will refresh, click the pencil/paper button.
3. Then enter the Effective Date of the new enrollment record as the first day of the grade level or program.
4. Click Save.
5. Click the arrows button to change the Grade Level/Attendance Program (if applicable).
6. Change the Grade Level (if applicable).
7. Change the Enrollment Program (if applicable).
8. Click Save.
Confirm that the information is correct. If additional changes are needed, follow the steps above.
Un-enroll a Student
Identify the year/term you would like to Un-enroll a student from. At the right, you will see a right arrow button aka the un-enroll button. Click on it.
To un-enroll a student you will need to first delete any attendance that was entered in the system after the drop date, see the "Edit or Delete Attendance" lesson.
2. Enter an Exit Date (the last day the student was physically present in class).
3. Select an Exit Code from the drop down menu. Confirm that the information is correct.
4. If all information is corrent, press Save.
Warning: Un-enroll a student is only to be used when a student is leaving your school. Un-enrolling a student will produce the following results:
- The student will no longer have scheduling data.
- The student will no longer have Gradebook data.
- You will no longer be able to take attendance for the student.
You will receive a success message at the top of the Enrollment History page.
Undo an Un-enroll
When a student that planned to exit your site, and has already been un-enrolled, has a change of plans and needs to extend their enrollment at your site, follow these instructions to return the student to enrolled status. This option is only to be used for an extension. If the student decides to stay indefinitely this option will show up as a non continuous enrollment and may affect CALPADS. To permanently undo the un-enroll please contact Illuminate customer support for assistance.
1. Once in student's Enrollment History, select Edit Enrollment History.
2. Select the Edit (pencil/paper) button on the term you want to edit.
3. On the next screen, change Exit Date to last day of the current school year.
4. Change the Exit Code to blank.
5. Click Save.
You will be taken back to the Enrollment History page. Confirm that the information is correct. If additional changes are needed, follow the steps outlined above again.
Note: The student is now on the same attendance program that they were on prior to being un-enrolled however, you will now need to adjust the student’s schedule. See the "Edit and Delete a Student Schedule/Class" lesson for details.
You might be interested in viewing other lessons within the "Enrollment" chapter.