This lesson will guide you through the process of administering a Skills Assessment.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Under General, select View Assessments.
- Select a Skills Assessment from the list.
- Click + Test Students.
Selecting a Student and Assessment Action
- You can narrow down this list by clicking Filter Students > Selecting your filters > Filter.
- Select Test under Actions to begin assessing that student on all questions OR the Arrow to Test Specific Questions.
We offer two types of Assessment Actions:
When you test by Test the end-user has the option to stop the assessment at any time by clicking on the Review button. To continue the test, select the student, click on test and the following screen will indicate the option to Start Full Assessment or Start From Previous.
If you're testing specific questions
- Select the checkbox next to the letter or word to assess. Prompts already tested that were answered correctly appear in green.
- Select Question Group(s) at the top of the page to select all questions in that group.
- Selected Test Selected Questions.
- If the question has already been tested, the last date and time tested appears.
- Any Question Groups associated to the prompt also displays.
The suggested purpose of Test Specific Questions:
- The student took the full assessment however, the student struggled with a small area of the assessment and the end-user would like to retest a handful of questions.
- The assessment has numerous questions and various question groups, the end-user would like to assess the student by areas of content via question groups.
Administering the Assessment
- The Assessment title, Student Name, and Student ID will appear before beginning.
- Click Start to begin the test.
- Mark a question Correct/Incorrect and/or navigate to Previous/Next questions. Add Comments to each question as necessary.
The testing interface includes keyboard shortcuts:
- -> arrow = next item
- <- arrow = previous item
- 1 = mark correct
- 2 = mark incorrect
- Clicking Review saves current progress on a test if you are interrupted and need to return to it later. To leave the assessment, click Exit.
If you click Exit after beginning the assessment, any progress made will not be saved. If you would like the progress to be saved to continue later, click Review.
- Add Notes to the assessment. These notes are for internal use only and do not appear on any of the reports.
- Add a comment for a parent which will display on reports.
- Click Finish to mark the test as complete.
Skills assessments supports multiple administrations, and you can re-assess a student based on his/her previous attempt.
- After completing the assessment, the student's Correct/Incorrect/Skipped questions.
- To test other students, click the student's name from the dropdown menu.
- Click Next to begin that student's assessment.
- Click Exit to go back to the Student List.
Now that you've learned to administer a Skills Assessment, learn about Reports: Skills Assessments.