This lesson will guide you through the process of administering a Skills Assessment within Illuminate.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Under General, select View Assessments.
- Select a Skills Assessment from the list.
- Click + Test Students.
Selecting a Student and Assessment Type
- You can narrow down this list by clicking Filter Students > Selecting your filters > Filter.
- Click on Test under Actions to begin assessing that student or the Arrow to Test Specific Questions.
If you're testing specific questions
- Click on the checkbox next to the letter or word to assess OR
- Select Question Group(s) at the top of the page to select all questions in that group.
- Click Test Selected Questions.
Administering the Assessment
- The Assessment title, Student Name, and Student ID will appear before beginning.
- Click Start to begin the test.
- Mark a question Correct/Incorrect and or navigate to Previous/Next questions.
The testing interface includes keyboard shortcuts:
- -> arrow = next item
- <- arrow = previous item
- 1 = mark correct
- 2 = mark incorrect
- Clicking Review saves current progress on a test if you are interrupted and need to return to it later. To leave the assessment, click Exit.
If you click Exit after beginning the assessment, any progress made will not be saved. If you would like the progress to be saved to continue later, click Review.
- Add Notes to the assessment. These notes are for internal use only and do not appear on any of the reports.
- Add a comment for a parent which will display on reports.
- Click Finish to mark the test as complete.
Skills assessments supports multiple administrations, and you can re-assess a student based on his/her previous attempt.
- After completing the assessment, the student's Correct/Incorrect/Skipped questions.
- To test other students, click the student's name from the dropdown menu.
- Click Next to begin that student's assessment.
- Click Exit to go back to the Student List.
Now that you've learned to administer a Skills Assessment, learn about Reports: Skills Assessments.