This lesson will guide you through the process of selecting recipients for Custom Forms. These are contacts you wish to have fill out information via the Home Connection Portal.
Before You Begin
The Custom Form tool finds recipients and sends forms using an email account. While the form is compelted in the portal, parents are notified via email that a form is available to them. Therefore, a contact is required to have an email address in order to send a custom form.
Create a custom report to find contacts without an email address. This can now be used to connect with those contacts and update their information.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Admin Gear.
2. Under Custom Forms, select Find Custom Form Recipients.
To send a form to a contact, you must find Recipients. Recipients must have an email address in order to receive a form.
1. Use the filters at the top of the page to narrow down your results.
2. Click Find Recipients.
3. Click the checkbox next to the contact's name that you'd like to receive the form. Click the empty box at the top of this column to select all.
4. Select the Custom Form you wish to send from the dropdown menu.
5. Select the Date Available. This is the date contacts will be able to begin filling out this form.
6. Choose the Expiration Date for the form. This is the last day contacts will be able to access/submit the form.
7. Click Send Form.
Note: If a form is sent to multiple contacts for the same student during the same form window, the first contact to submit the form will "own" it through the rest of the workflow. The other contacts will no longer have the form available after that point.
The system will not allow the same form to be sent to the same contact for a student if there is any overlap in the form window. If this form has already been sent to selected contacts during this window, you will receive the message pictured above.