This document is intended to assist the Office Staff/Attendance Clerk who will identify the students who are eligible for Saturday school and for those who will be entering in the Saturday School Attendance. It is recommended that Attendance for Saturday School students be taken by the Teacher or Admin present during that day to ensure accurate reporting and legible tracking.
Before proceeding further, it is highly recommended that a Saturday School Present Attendance Flag be created. This will make it easier to identify absences that have been changed to present due to Saturday School.
To identify students who are eligible to attend Saturday School, it is recommended that an Attendance Letter Specific for Saturday School be created using the 4 day Unexcused Absence Threshold set in Ed Code. For more information on how to create Attendance Letters, please Click Here!
Once students have been identified and attended Saturday School, a member of the Office Staff will typically enter the corresponding Attendance.
Where to Start
1. To begin, click on Attendance > Student Summary. The system will ask you to search for the particular student. Type in the corresponding Student’s ID number and click enter. This will pull up the Student Summary screen for the corresponding student.
2. Next, you will review the student’s all day absences and/or period tardies to evaluate which all day absence or 4 period tardies this Saturday School will be counting for. Ideally, Saturday School credit should be applied to days within the current Reporting Month to ensure accurate reporting and to prevent the need of re-submitting past month reports.
3. Once you have identified the appropriate date(s) to be corrected/appended for this student, you will go to the Mass Attendance Updates page. For the first student you begin working on, click on Attendance and then right click on Mass Attendance Updates > Open Link in New Tab. This will enable you to remain on the Student Summary page whilst having the Mass Attendance Updates page open in a new tab.
4. Once the Mass Attendance Updates page is open, type in the student’s ID in the Students filter menu, adjust the Attendance Mark to match the mark you want to replace (for example, T for Tardies that you want to replace) and adjust the Date Range to either match the date of the student’s all day absent mark or to incorporate the 4 period tardies that will be replaced for this student. Click Find Me Some Attendance.
5. This next screen will show all corresponding marks that occurred on that date or within that date range. For an All Day Absent Mark, merely go in and change the absence code to the Saturday School flag and then click Save. If this is for tardies, select 4 tardies using the checkbox on the left, then click Fill Down. This Fill Down option will enable you to select an updated code which will apply to each selected code. Click save once complete.
Once this is done, using your tabs, return to your Student Summary screen, and type in, using the bar at the top, a new Student’s ID. Since you already have Mass Attendance Updates open in a new tab, you will skip step 3!