This lesson describes how to enter present level information related to the referral (i.e. Assessment/Evaluation Information, Parent Input, School Based Observations, etc.). This lesson also provides information on how to upload pertinent files.
This lesson requires that you have selected a student and are viewing a single student's record. If you are unsure how to locate a student, see the "Find a Student" lesson in the "Students" manual for help. After opening a student's record (see the "Find a Student" lesson in the "Students" manual for help), click the Special Ed tab near the top of your screen.
This lesson also requires that a referral has been created for the selected student. For information on how to create a referral, see the "Add a REED" lesson in this manual.
Select Special Ed -> REED.
Click Edit to open the REED for your selected student.
Enter Assessment Information
1. Enter observations provided by school staff (e.g. General/Special Education Teachers, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, etc.).
2. Click Save Area.
Select and Enter Any Additional Evaluation Data
1. Use the check boxes to select additional areas for present level information (i.e. State Assessment Results, Behavioral, School History, etc.).
2. Enter detailed information for each selected area.
3. Click Save Area.
Upload Additional Evaluation Information
1. Click the Choose File (MAC) or Browse... (PC) button and select the file you wish to upload. 2. Enter a description of the file in the text box provided.
3. Click the Upload button.
1. Once ALL present level information has been added click the Save All button.
2. Upon successful save, a green box indicating Data saved successfully will appear.
Once you have completed the Present Level information, you are ready to create the evaluation plan. To proceed, click on the Plan tab in the Sub-navigation Toolbar.
Please refer to the "Enter Plan Information for a Referral (REED)" section in the "Referral (REED)" manual for more information on how to create a Plan.