This lesson will review the requirements of the Notice of FAPE for the REED.
Notice is provided every time a district is proposing to conduct an evaluation or when a district has determined that no additional evaluations were needed after looking at the present level information.
Select Proposal Type
1. Select, "You are receiving this because the district is proposing to conduct and evaluation" if the Plan determined further data was needed to determine:
‚Ä¢ whether the student continues to have a disability or has an additional disability and/or needs special education and related services;
‚Ä¢ the present levels of performance and educational needs of the student and/or
‚Ä¢ whether additions or modifications to special education & related services are needed to enable student to meet annual goals and to progress in the general curriculum.
Select, "You are receiving this because the district reviewed existing evaluation data and determined that no additional evaluations were needed" if the IEP Team has determined that no additional information or evaluation data is required for continued eligibility on the Plan page.
2. Click on Save.
1. Add "Options and Other Factors Considered" and ¬†Add "Reason for Not Selecting".
2. Click on white plus sign in green circle. Add additional Options/Commons and Reasons as appropriate.
3. Add Person to contact for additional information in understand their rights.
4. Add phone number.
5. Add Method how of the parent were informed of the content of the REED.
6. Add person informed parents of contents of the REED.
7. Select "Yes" or "Not applicable".
8. Select Date Notice and REED are being provided to parent(s)/guardian(s) (FAPE Date).
9. Click Save.