This lesson serves as a guide to the Enrollment Component of the Michigan Student Data System submission.
The Enrollment Date characteristic is generated by comparing the "District Enter Date" in Students-> Demographic Details to the student's enrollment history.
The date that will be submitted for reporting will be the oldest record.
Ex 1. If the District Enter Date is less than the oldest enrollment record for the district then the District Enter Date will be reported.
Ex 2. If the student's Enrollment History reflects an enrollment at the district that is less than the District Enter Date then the date on the enrollment record will be reported.
District Exit Status
Rules for determining Exit Status characteristic are as follows:
1. Does student have overlapping district enrollment w/exit outside selected date range? If true, no exit will be reported.
2. Did student exit during date range selected? If Yes, report exit code and date from enrollment history.
3. Was student flagged as no show during date range? If Yes, exit code from no show record and report first day of school year as exit date.
4. If student had prior district enrollment on "Enrollment look back" use exit date and code from that enrollment record.
5. If all rules are gone through and exit is blank, code "19" expected to continue is assumed.
If you have specific questions about this component, the data elements, or rules please reference the MSDS Collection Details Manual.
If you have additional questions about where the extract pulls data from for state reporting you can reach us via e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone at (517) 224-4499.