This article will walk you through how to correct errors on our Special Ed Error Report.
Running the Extract
1. Select District Site.
2. Select Start Date Note: This will be the first day of school for K-12 for the fall count and July 1st for EO for the fall count. For Spring and EOY this will be the day right after the last count day.
3. LEAVE THESE options alone.
4. Select Yes for Error Report.
5. Click Submit.
BEFORE/On Count Day Process for "Scrubbing Your Data"
BEFORE THE FINAL TIME CAPSULE PULL Process:
1. Download the Error Report in Excel or preferred tool.
2. Make the appropriate changes based on the Error/Warning guidance. BE SURE TO NOT use the blue hyperlink provided as this will correct the data in your Time Capsule and NOT THE LIVE side of Illuminate.
3. Once you have made the appropriate changes, pull another Time Capsule and run the Error Report again.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 until all Error/Warnings are addressed OR UNTIL THE END OF Count Day.
AFTER FINAL TIME CAPSULE PULL PROCESS for "Scrubbing Your Data"
AFTER FINAL TIME CAPSULE PULL PROCESS for "Scrubbing Your Data":
1. Use the blue hyperlinks (i.e. Primary Disability: 13) to make appropriate changes to the Time Capsule side of the data.
2. Make the EXACT same change to the LIVE site in Illuminate as well. If these changes are not made to the "LIVE" site, then the errors will continue to be there for next Count and/or your data will not be accurate/match what was submitted.
3. Once you have made the appropriate changes ON BOTH THE TIME CAPSULE SIDE and the LIVE SITE, run the Error Report again.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 until all Error/Warnings are addressed.
NOTE: DO NOT PULL A NEW TIME CAPSULE once the day of count has passed!