This article explains the steps necessary to complete the Special Ed Extract or a .tab delimited Extract for Illuminate Special Education.
Please Note: This is not a complete MSDS Extract. It only contains the fields for the Special Education Component. This file is not intended for direct submission; rather, it is intended to be merged with data from the district's SIS. This process can be automated, done manually, or via third party software (i.e., Macomb Error Checker). For more information please contact your SIS admin or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Where to Start
Click Students Tab (ISE Only Sites) or Special Ed (ISE/DnA/ISI Sites) -> Spec Ed Extract
Generate a Spec Ed Extract or a .tab Delimited
1. Select the District. Extracts CAN NOT be pulled at the Consortium/ISD level. NOTE: If you select a building, some data may be missing as this gathered at the District Level.
2. Enter the Start Date. The Start Date should be the first day of the count period (the day after the previous count day). NOTE: For Early On this would be July 1st for Fall Count.
3. The End Date will equal the date of the most recent time capsule data pull.
4. Select Yes if you would like to include Early Childhood Assessment Fields (COSF). Select No if you would not like the file to include Early Childhood Assessment Fields.
5. Select Yes to download a .tab delimited extract. Otherwise, it will populate within Illuminate and you have the options to download this as Excel, PDF or .tab delimited or XML.
6. TO RUN AN ERROR REPORT SELECT YES. Otherwise select No.
NOTE: IF you select Yes, a file will not be generated. Instead, an error report will be created. This error report will help you to identify whether there are inconsistencies or missing pieces in your extract. There will be additional help documentation provided for generating and interpreting an error report.
7. Click Submit.
Example of Sped Ed Extract Report (NOT .tab delimited)
1. To download the report via Excel, PDF, tab delimited or XML use the options available here.
Be sure to note the name and location of the file for future retrieval.
Example of Error Report
1. The Error/Warning Column shows the type of error(s) along with a hyperlink to the appropriate area(s) within THE TIME CAPSULE that may require data.
TIP: Hold down the Control key while clicking on the hyperlink (wording in blue font) to open up a new tab. For MAC users hold down the Command key.
- Be sure to pull a new Time Capsule if you have made any changes as long as it is BEFORE the end of Count Day.
- There should not be another Time Capsule Pull completed once the last one is pulled on Count Day until your Count is certified.
For more information on how to "scrubbing your data" using the Error Report please go to: http://help-ise.illuminateed.com/m/9287/l/645843