This lesson goes through the first steps of creating of a manual/hybrid assessment. This is an assessment that you would like to create an answer key for, then manually enter scores, print answer sheets, or administer online.
Where to Start
- Select Assessments.
- Select Create an Assessment.
- Under Legacy, select Manual/Hybrid.
- Enter the number of questions then click Create.
- Enter a Title.
- Enter a Description. The description will not tie to filters but can contain any information you find helpful. Information entered here also displays on the Assessment Details page as well as the landing page for a student when they are about to begin an online assessment.
- Enter a Local Identifier - Any local district ID you may want to use.
- Select a year from the Academic Year drop down.
- To help with filtering, select: Subject, Scope and/or Grade Levels.
- You can choose to show assessment results in the Student and Parent Portal. Selecting Yes, means the results of the student's assessment will show in the portal. Selecting No will show that the test was assigned, but will not show students/parents the results.
- Choose a Performance Band Set. The District Default will appear on all assessments unless updated.
- Click Next to move on to the next step.
Adding a title is the only required step when entering the Basic Information.
Now that you've entered your Basic Information, learn how to Add Standards to a Manual/Hybrid Assessment.