This lesson covers how to Prepare the Answer Key for a Manual/Hybrid assessment.
Where to Start
This lesson begins assuming you have completed the first 2 steps of creating a Manual/Hybrid assessment. To learn more, go to Add Standards to a Manual/Hybrid Assessment.
Prepare Answer Key
- Enter the answer to each of your questions in the Correct column.
- Enter a point value for the answer choice under Weight.
- You can add additional questions by inputting a # and pressing + Add Questions.
- You can assign Question Groups by clicking the+ sign, and copy them down to all questions by clicking the down arrow. (See below for more information on setting up Question Groups.)
- Link Standards by clicking the + sign, and copy them down to all questions by clicking the down arrow.
- Delete questions by clicking the checkbox under the Delete column and pressing Save or Remove Selected Questions.
- After all your answers are entered, click Save or Next to move on.
Updating the Answer Key, Linking Standards, and Linking Question Groups can also be accessed by going to the Setup tab of the assessment after exiting Creation Mode.
You may opt to require up to 9 answers for any question(s) on your assessment.
Respond Format Guide:
'A, B' = A or B are counted as correct.
'AB' = A and B are counted as correct.
'AB, CD' = (A and B) or (C and D) are counted as correct.
'ABC, AB, AC' = (A and B and C) or (A and B) or (A and C) are counted as correct.
To use decimals for your Weight or allow for partial credit, check out Advanced Scoring Options.
- Click the Rubric checkbox.
- Add the maximum point value in both the 'Correct' and 'Weight' boxes for 1:1 point scoring.
- Press Next.
Questions marked as Rubric need to be manually scored. Learn how to Enter and Edit Student Responses Manually in Manual/Hybrid Assessments.
If you are doing a Hybrid assessment, learn how to Attach Materials in a Manual/Hybrid Assessment.
If you are going a Manual assessment and do not want to add materials, learn how to Customize Your Answer Sheet with Sheet Designer LiG