This lesson will guide you through the process of using Illuminate's proctoring tools for online assessments. The newly updated tool is called the Assessment Panel.
You can monitor student progress, allow students to prompt you for help, and pause their assessment. It is helpful to open the proctor screen on a device you are using to monitor the administration.
Where to Start
- Click Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Click the title of your assessment to open it.
- Go to Administration > Online Testing.
- Select Assessment Panel.
Dashboard or Overall View (Default)
The Dashboard view allows you to view all students in an online testing roster at once.
1. Student Names (or your selected Sort Option) are listed on the left side of the screen. You can click on their name to see a pop up with all of the individual student's answers.
2. Click the dots next to a student's name to Enable Text to Speech, Reset their Password or Re-Open the exam.
3. Questions or Items are listed along the top with the correct answer in green. You can click on the magnifying glass next to the question number to view the Question.
4. If the student answered the question correctly, the corresponding box turns green. If they answered incorrectly, the box turns red with their incorrect answer choice in it.
5. Sort By Options allows you to sort the selected view by Last Name, First Name, Student ID, or Anonymous.
6. Sort By Order will sort the selected option from ascending or descending, like A-Z or Z-A
7. Use N (Not Started), S (Started), P (Paused) or F (Finished) to sort which students are displayed.
8. Tools such as Enable Help, Pause, and GoTo are available in all views. To learn about the tools, visit Assessment Panel Tools for more information.
If using randomized answer choices for your assessment, live proctoring will not display as expected. It is best advised to use proctoring views such as Aggregate View and General Proctoring when applying randomized answer choices for administration.
Questions or Tile View
The Questions or Tile View displays item or question results in the form of tiles.
1. Select Questions to change from the Dashboard to By Item view.
2. Overall Response, Correct and Incorrect Percentage and Items as submitted live are displayed on the top of the screen.
3. Student Responses Box- This shows the student's correct response displayed green and student's incorrect response displayed red.
4. Zoom In/Out- You can zoom the display in to show more student responses on your screen (helpful for larger classes) or you can zoom out to show larger response boxes (helpful for displaying drawing response or graphing/math items).
5. Sort By Options- This allows you to sort the selected view by Last Name, First Name, Student ID, or Anonymous.
6. Sort By Order- This sorts the selected option from ascending or descending, like A-Z or Z-A.
7. Use N (Not Started), S (Started), P (Paused) or F (Finished) to sort which students are displaying.
8. Tools such as Enable Help, Pause, and GoTo are available in all views.
9. The dots will provide a View Distribution view to see which students answered the item(s).
Now that you have learned all about monitoring student testing, take a look at Grading Constructed Response Items from an Online Test to get started evaluating students' work!