This lesson will guide you through the process of using DnA's proctoring tools for online assessments.
Monitor student progress, allow students to prompt you for help, and pause their assessment. It is helpful to open the proctor screen on a device you are using to monitor the administration.
Live Proctoring is designed for assessments with fewer than 30 questions for a class size of 20-30 students. For best results, do not add multiple courses or entire grade levels of students to a single online testing roster.
Where to Start
- Click Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Select the Actions tab for the desired assessment.
- Go to Administer.
- Select Live Proctoring.
This lesson begins assuming you have already created an online testing roster and students have started taking the assessment. To learn how to setup an online test roster, visit Online Testing Setup Using the Student Portal.
Dashboard or Overall View (Default)
The Dashboard view allows you to view all students in an online testing roster at once.
- Student Names (or your selected Sort Option) are listed on the left side of the screen. You can click on their name to see a pop up with all of the individual student's answers.
- Click the dots next to a student's name to Enable Text to Speech, Reset their Password or Re-Open the exam.
- Questions or Items are listed along the top with the correct answer in green. You can click on the question number (Q#) to view the Question.
- If the student answered the question correctly, the corresponding box turns green. If they answered incorrectly, the box turns red with their incorrect answer choice in it.
- View By allows you to sort the selected view by Last Name, First Name, Student ID, or Anonymous.
- Sort By Order will sort the selected option from ascending or descending, like A-Z or Z-A
- Tools such as Enable Help, Pause, and GoTo are available in all views. To learn about the tools, visit Live Proctoring Tools for more information.
- Click Filters to display students based on their status in the assessment N (Not Started), S (Started), P (Paused) or F (Finished).
- Click the Pause icon to Pause the entire roster.
- View student Help Requests or Exit the Live Proctoring screen.
If using randomized answer choices for your assessment, live proctoring will not display as expected. It is best advised to use proctoring views such as Aggregate View and General Proctoring when applying randomized answer choices for administration.
Questions or Tile View
The Questions or Tile View displays item or question results in the form of tiles.
- Select Questions to change from the Dashboard to By Item view.
- Overall Response, Correct and Incorrect Percentage and Items as submitted live are displayed on the top of the screen.
- The Student Responses Box shows the student's correct response displayed green and student's incorrect response displayed red.
- You can Zoom the display in to show more student responses on your screen (helpful for larger classes) or you can zoom out to show larger response boxes (helpful for displaying drawing response or graphing/math items).
- Click the dots to view the Question Details or view Answer Distribution.
- Toggle questions by selecting the Question #.
Learn more about Live Proctoring by visiting Live Proctoring Tools.