This lesson will guide you through the process of using Illuminate's proctoring tools for online assessments using General Proctoring tools.
Where to Start
Once in the Assessment Overview, select:
1. Administration, and then Online Testing OR,
2. Just click Online.
For each roster created, there will be views available under Student Info/Tools, on the far right-hand side. There are three types of proctoring or views available: Student List or General (3), Aggregate (4), or Live (5).
Illuminate Tip: When wanting to click on additional links such as student ID, use CTRL or CMD on the keyboard and select the student ID. It will open a new tab or window in the internet browser, without exiting a user from the current screen.
General Proctoring Views
General proctoring views are real-time views as students are taking the assessment, They provide more overall information of the data via a student list view or by question breakdown.
This will populate your roster. There are a few things you can do on this page:
1. Look over your roster, for each student you will see that you can view Start/Finish times, Time Elapsed, What question they are viewing, any pauses, and you can take action depending on what is available.
2. Actions menu- Here you can enable Text to Speech, Reset a Student's Password, Pause/Resume a test, or Force Finish an assessment (when in progress). More info below. This menu will change the administration settings for that individual student only.
3. Tools such as Enable Help, Pause, and GoTo are available in all views.
The Aggregate View shows an item by item progression of how students are answering in real-time. This is similar to a Response Frequency Report, but in real live time. Some items such as teacher-evaluated or graded items are not currently supported in this view.
1. At the top of the chart, overview of how many students rostered to take the assessment, with the total number of students started and finished will be displayed.
2. Responses will be highlighted in green if correct. The bar graph visualizes the number of students who have answered the item correctly compared to the number of students who have answered the item.
3. Items that require additional review, score determined by a rubric, or cannot be automatically or electronically scored, are not supported in this view.
4. Tools such as Enable Help, Pause, and GoTo are available in all views.
Use Go To to return to the other available views and Assessment Roster homepage.
Visit Live Proctoring & Monitoring Progress on Online Assessments for more exciting features in support of your students' learning!
Learn how to Grade Constructed Response or Teacher-Graded Items to get started evaluating student's work!