This lesson will guide you through the process of using Illuminate's proctoring tools for online assessments using General Proctoring tools. General proctoring views are real-time views as students are taking the assessment. They provide more overall information of the data via a student list view or by question breakdown.
Where to Start
- Click Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Click the title of your assessment to open it.
- Go to Administration > Online Testing
Assessment Roster Overview
For each roster created, there will be views available under Student Info/Tools, on the far right-hand side. There are three types of proctoring or views available: Assessment Panel (5), Student List (6), or Aggregate View (7).
Student List View
- Look over your roster, for each student you will see that you can view:
- Start/Finish times
- Time Elapsed
- What question they are viewing, any
- pauses, and you can take action depending on what is available.
- Click Actions menu to enable Text to Speech, Reset a Student's Password, Pause/Resume a test, or Force Finish/Re-open an assessment.
- Use tools such as Enable Help, Pause, and GoTo.
To learn more details about the Actions menu, go to Student List Actions for Online Testing.
By Question or Aggregate View
The Aggregate View shows an item by item progression of how students are answering in real-time.
1. At the top of the chart, overview of how many students rostered to take the assessment, with the total number of students started and finished will be displayed.
2. The bar graph visualizes the number of students who have answered the item correctly compared to the number of students who have answered the item. The correct response will be highlighted in green.
3. Items that require additional review, score determined by a rubric, or cannot be automatically or electronically scored, are not supported in this view.
4. Tools such as Enable Help, Pause, and GoTo are available in all views.
Use Go To to return to the other available views and Assessment Roster homepage.
Some items such as teacher graded items are not currently supported in this view.
Visit Live Proctoring & Monitoring Progress on Online Assessments for more exciting features in support of your students' learning!