This lesson shows how to send messages within Illuminate's Mass Messaging Center. This tool will help to send messages for all delivery methods, such as Email, SMS/Text, and Voice when desired.
Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you are interested in using this tool. Contract discussion and setup is required.
This tool and feature is available to ISI Clients only.
Where to Start
1. Click on the chat bubbles.
2. Select Mass Messaging.
- Select Create a Message to begin.
- If you have previously created a message and are ready to send, select Review and Send in the message's Action Menu.
Best Practice Tip: Illuminate always advised to Save and Test your message prior to sending to parents and contacts.
This will land you on the Recipients List, showing all the contact or recipient details selected. This is where you will manage all recipients for the messaging channels selected. This is also where you can remove, select, review, and add more recipients.
- Use the scope selector to filter, find, and add recipients to the list. By default, these are set to your visibility and current affiliations, or all the students and sites you have access to.
- Don't forget to think about using Student Groups as a way to filter a particular group of students and their contacts.
- Additional Filters are also a great way to connect or send messages to contacts of only students in a single grade level, course, program, etc.
- When ready, select Find Recipients.
- Select the checkbox for each recipient to receive this message. You can also select all using the checkbox up top.
- To cancel this selection and find recipients differently, select Change Student Selection. This will not save selected recipients.
- To add currently selected contacts, select Add Recipients.
A green banner will display confirming selected Recipients have been added to this message.
- To add more recipients, select Step 2 - Add Recipients.
- You can also Remove Recipients by selecting the checkbox on the list, or adding more recipients as learned above.
- Ready to Send Your Message? Select Review and Send > to continue.
What About Correspondence Langauge? The Correspondence Language indicates the language that the message will be delivered in only if there is a Spanish version of the message populated. If there is no Correspondence Language populated, “English as Default” will appear in that column.
The Review and Send page will display all the message details, messages, and notes about your message:
- Summary will display information from the selected recipients on how they will receive the message. This is not what was delivered but rather was is expected to be delivered for each channel.
- A final preview of each message for each channel is provided. Notice you cannot edit. If you wish to edit or change the message(s), select Back to Messaging Center at the top left handside of your screen.
- Enter Notes or information about the message.
- To Schedule a message for future delivery, fill out the date and time fields, and click the Schedule button.
- Send Now will send the message immediately to all recipients.
Reports will be available 1-2 hours after a mass message is sent, and can be accessed via the View Report button for each row in the view report table. The content of each report will be specific to the messaging channels selected for that mass message.
Now that your message has been sent, its time to review the results and available status information about the message(s) delivered. Learn more by visiting Messaging Reports!