The lesson will guide you through the process of creating and scheduling Attendance Calls to be sent from within Illuminate. Theses are calls linked to a single Attendance Flag to notify parents a student was absent, tardy, etc. This feature is only available for Illuminate Student Information districts at this time.
Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you are interested in using this tool. Contract discussion and setup is required.
Before you will be able to set up/send any voice messages, you must enable permissions for Messaging to any user you would like to be able to set these calls up. You can find these permissions under Admin Gear > Permissions > Role or User.
The Attendance Calling tool uses the following permissions:
- Enables the menu of permissions and tools for the Mass Messaging feature, allows users to view the Messaging Center and reports.
Create/Update/Delete Attendance Voice Message
- Create, update or delete attendance voice messages.
Modify or Delete Other's Attendance Voice Message
- Modify or delete attendance voice messages that are created by other people.
Create/Update/Delete Attendance Message Occurrences
- Create, update or delete attendance message occurrences.
- Allows a user to create, edit, and schedule voice messages.
Where to Start
If you don't already have one, you will want to create an Attendance Call Template.
1. Click on the chat bubbles icon.
2. Select Attendance Call Template.
3. Click Add New Message at the top of the page.
Creating your message
1. Enter the Message Name, in this case Attendance Call.
The system will call the Primary phone number for each contact. In Student Contacts, the Relationship has to be set (i.e. Father/Mother/Etc.) and they must be marked as a Legal Guardian (with no Restraining Order).
2. Caller ID #- This is the number you want to display on recipients Caller Id.
3. Type in your message. Note at right you have the ability to input a Place Holder (Just click on it), in which the system will add the name/class/teacher, etc. automatically during the call.
4. When finished, click Submit.
Recording a Voice (rather than using the automated voice)
When you first land on the record screen, you may see the Adobe Flash Player Settings pop up, select Allow to let the player use your computer's microphone. (Select the Remember checkbox as well, and you won't ever see this pop up again.). Click Close.
If you do not currently have Flash installed on your computer, visit this website first: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
If you do not see the message above For Adobe Flash Player Settings, you will need to allow Chrome to use the Flash plug in.
1. Click on the Lock symbol to the left of the URL in Chrome
2. Click on Site Settings
3. For the Microphone setting, select Allow
4. For the Flash setting, select Allow then close out this tab
5. If you still have the window open for your instance, you may see this banner appear towards the top left of your Chrome browser window. Click Reload so that the page reloads and enables Flash
1. Click on Record Voice for each part of the call.
Note: This is not required. If you do not wish to record your voice, the system will automatically make the entire call in a robot voice.
2. To record your message, select the green microphone button.
3. Click the green Microphone to record.
4. Click on the red Stop button to stop recording.
5. Press Play to playback what you recorded. You may record as many times as you wish.
6. When finished, select Upload Audio.
Making a Test Call
Once recorded, on the edit page you have the ability to do a Test Call. Once you click on the Test Call button:
1. Enter a phone number you want to call.
2. Enter an Attendance Flag.
3. Enter a Class(es).
4. Enter Date Missed.
5. Enter a Student's Name.
6. Enter a Teacher's Name.
7. Enter the Timeblock Name.
8. Click Make Test Call.
Setup Attendance Occurrence
After the call is created and saved, select Create Attendance Message Occurrence at the top of the page.
1. Select your Attendance Message.
2. Select the corresponding Attendance Flag.
3. Select your Threshold. This is the minimum marks needed for a message to be sent.
4. Select the Day Type. (i.e. Minimum, Abnormal, etc.)
5. Select the Time of Day you want the call to go out.
6. Click Submit.
You will receive a green success message when the occurrence saved successfully.
Editing/Deleting Attendance Message Occurrences
You can always edit/delete an occurrence or see a notice count error log, by clicking on the Conversation Bubbles and then Attendance Message Occurrence. The paper icon allows for editing, the list icon is the log, and the red trash can icon allows deletion.
Attendance Call Reports
To access a call reports:
1. You must be in Attendance Message Occurrence.
2. Click Reports.
1. This will show a listing of all the calls that went out by date and time.
2. Notice Count- This is for data verification, and any number here is the number of bad data (wrong numbers, etc.) the system has found.
3. The red bug button will have any notices about the call, and the search button allows you to conduct a search by Name or Phone Number through any of the contacts called.