This lesson will walk you through how to create a permission group. The permission group feature gives you the ability to pre-define and manage groups of users so that you can easily access those groups when sharing assessments, summary assessments, demographics, reports, and gradebooks. Users cannot edit or delete Permission Groups created by other users.
Required Permission: Permission Groups
Where to Start
- Click the Administration Icon.
- Under Users, click Permissions Groups.
Create a New Permission Group
- Once in the list of Permission Group List, click New.
- Enter a Title or name of the group.
- Add a description to provide context on the purpose of the group.
- Select Save Permission Group.
- Once you make your Share With selection, corresponding options will appear.
- In the example above, User was chosen. Accordingly, you would need to type in the user name(s) to find and add the user(s) to the group.
- If you select I understand how sharing works, so get out of my way, you will be presented with all the possible sharing options.
- Click Share.
At the top of the page, you will see who is included in the the group. To remove a permission, click the appropriate box and click Save Changes.
Any changes you make to a permission group will automatically take effect on anything shared with that group.
Using Permission Groups
Permission Groups once created, shared, and enabled, you can see them when sharing:
- Report Cards
- Custom Reports, and
- anywhere sharing your DnA work!
Now that you have learned how to create a permission group, learn to Share With Others.