When sharing local and state assessments, the Illuminate system admin may determine what categories and columns can be viewed by users when creating custom reports. The system admin may also modify the titles of the categories and fields so that it displays the way a district would like them to appear. This lesson will show how to share/un-share this data and how to customize the titles.
Meta Data refers to the data that can be used in custom reports (e.g. state assessments, gradebook, report cards, student demographics, etc.). The Illuminate system admin may determine what meta data categories and columns can available to users. The system admin may also modify the titles of the categories and fields so that it displays the way a district would like them to appear. This lesson will show how to share/un-share this data and how to customize the titles.
Where to Start
- Go to Reports.
- Under Admin click Manage Custom Reporting Data.
- The Original Category Name shows the default name of the data set given by Illuminate.
- The Local Category Name shows the name given by the district if they choose to change it.
- Category Enabled? shows whether this data can be included in custom reports.
- Click the paper/pencil icon to edit categories.
- Click the key icon to share the category. Reference Share With Others for more information.
If the category is enabled, it must be shared in order for users to include the data.
To edit the name of a category, click on the pen/pencil icon:
- To change the name of the category, enter the new name.
- To enable or disable the category from displaying, select the associated radio button.
- Click Submit.
1. To access column fields, click the name of the category.
- Once in the column list, click on the paper/pencil icon to edit the column.
- Select the key icon to Share the specific column with other users.
Learn more about using meta data in "Create a Custom Report".