This lesson will guide you through the process of taking an assessment online and viewing your results from current and past assessments.
Where to Start
Open your preferred Internet Browser and visit your school's portal site. Your portal's web address should look something like the following: yourdistrictlname.illuminatehc.com.
1. Type in your Student ID and Password. This information is available from your classroom teacher.
2. Click Login.
Your first time logging in you will be prompted to change your password. Contact your teacher if you forget your password.
How to Take Your Assessment
1. Pictures and passages display here. You may use your mouse to scroll up and down through the passage.
2. Here are your questions. Click the bubble to select the best answer choice.
3. You can highlight text using your mouse, just hold down your mouse button and glide over the text you wish to highlight and pick your color. Note- Once you move away from this question, the text will no longer be highlighted. You can also Strike Through and Underline. Also, you can use the Dictionary to Define a word.
4. You can eliminate answer choices by clicking the ABC button at the top right of your page. Click the button then click the answer choices you want to eliminate.
5. This is your Notepad. Click the pad/pencil button to take/access any notes you've taken during the test here.
6. Zoom allows you to make the text bigger or smaller on the page. The Zoom levels are: Normal: 100%, +1: 120%, +2: 140%.
7. >> allows you to go to the next question in the assessment. Answer choices will automatically save when Next is selected.
8. Select a question in the dropdown to skip to a different question in the assessment.
9. If you want to flag an item to come back to it later, hit the flag button. This will show up on your final review page to indicate to you that you wanted to return to that item.
10. Progress Bar- This shows you how far along you are in the assessment.
11. Click Pause to pause your assessment.
12. Click Review / Finish Test to finish your assessment and submit it for grading.
1. The image of your assessment will display on the left of the page.
2. Here are your questions. Click the bubble to select the best answer choice. Scroll down to see the other questions in the assessment.
3. This is your Notepad. Click the pad/pencil button to take/access any notes you've taken during the test here.
4. Click the Pause button to pause your assessment.
5. Click Review / Finish Test to finish your assessment and submit it for grading.
View Your Assessment Results
1. Once Finish is selected, to view your assessment scores, select Click Here.
2. Select Continue to Portal.