In this lesson, you will learn how to log in, log out, and manage your Illuminate account.
Your Illuminate System Admin will have your account and site information. To get started, make sure to retrieve the following information to log in and get illuminated:
- Your site's URL for Illuminate Education (e.g., districtname.illuminateEd.com)
- Your username and password for Illuminate Education
- Computer and Internet access
- Open your favorite internet browser (i.e., Chrome, Safari, etc.)
Can't remember your Illuminate URL? Visit sso.illuminateed.net and select your District or Organization Name. Enter your login information as provided and start illuminating!
- Open your preferred browser and type your district's URL, or web address, at the top of your screen. Press Enter on your keyboard.
- If someone has given you the website link electronically (e.g., in an email), you can visit the site by simply clicking the link in the email message.
- Often you can find the address as a link on your district's staff portal, as well.
3. Log In
- Enter the username given to you by your district administrator.
- Enter the password given to you by your district administrator. Passwords are also "case sensitive," meaning that if characters are set up as capital or lowercase letters, they must be typed that same way when logging into the system.
- Select Sign In to get started! You will then see the Dashboard where you can choose from a host of options with your Illuminate account.
- For users who use a Single Sign On option such as Google, SAML, LDAP, or Clever, you will select the Log In option made available for you.
Not all Single Sign On options will display and are conditional based on client setup and configurations.
- Forgot your password? While your System Admin can help, you can reset your own password. Simply select Forgot Your Password to receive an email to reset your password.
- This is Not My District will bring you to a District/Organization selector to choose where you illuminate from. Then you will be directed to your site.
I didn't receive an email to reset my password! If you didn't receive an email while trying to reset your password, it is possible your district did not provide an email address to your account. Check with your System Administrator for assistance.
- Type the new password you would like to have.
- Password must contain at least 1 letters.
- Password must contain at least 1 uppercase letters.
- Password must contain at least 1 non-alphanumeric characters.
- It must contain no spaces.
- Passwords are "case sensitive," which means if you capitalize a letter now, you will have to capitalize it later for the password to work (and if you type a lowercase letter now, you will have to use a lowercase letter later).
- Type the same password you typed above in the Confirm Password section.
- Click Change Password.
Congratulations! You have now successfully changed your password. Just in case, make sure to write it down or keep it somewhere safe.
- If you use multiple Illuminate tools, we may ask how do you want to start illuminating your day. Select the tool or product you wish to start.
- If you do not have more than one Illuminate tool, you will not see this page and be directly taken to your account.
Illuminate App Picker
- If you have multiple Illuminate products, you will see an App Picker found in the top navigation panel. This when selected, will show you a list of your tools to quickly start illuminating from one another.
- If no other tools are available, this will not display.
While in your site, there are two ways to log out of your account: User Information and Control Panel.
Your computer determines how to activate the Quick Switcher.
- For PCs, select and hold CTRL + K
- For Apple or Mac, select and hold Command (CMD) + K
The Quick Switcher will pop-up on your screen.
- Type Sign Out in the search bar.
- Using your keyboard arrows, select Sign Out and Enter. If using your mouse, click Sign Out and Enter.
Don't Want to Sign Out? Select ESC or Escape on your keyboard to close the Quick Switcher and continue illuminating.
- Select your User Account icon on the top of the navigation panel.
- In the menu, select Sign Out at the bottom.
Illuminate is known for its intuitive design, so there is much you can learn just by exploring the site. Log back in and start exploring!