This lesson shows how to send messages to Staff within Illuminate's Mass Messaging Center. This tool will help to send messages for all delivery methods, such as Email, SMS/Text, and Voice when desired.
Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you are interested in using this tool. Contract discussion and setup is required.
This tool and feature is available to ISI Clients only.
Where to Start
1. Click on the chat bubbles.
2. Select Mass Messaging.
- Select Create a Message to begin.
- If you have previously created a message and are ready to send, select Review and Send in the message's Action Menu.
Best Practice Tip: Illuminate always advised to Save and Test your message prior to sending to parents and contacts.
This will land you on the Recipients List, showing all the contact or recipient details selected. This is where you will manage all recipients for the messaging channels selected. This is also where you can remove, select, review, and add more recipients.
Recipients in this case are staff users available in User Management.
- Type to search and find users to send the message to. This is a multi-select field, where you can add multiple users. Use enter to select and continue to type to find another.
- To remove users to contact, just click the x to do so.
- Select Review and Send to confirm the users selected are to retrieve the message.
Scope selectors will not generate a specific use of users for Staff Messaging at this time.
The Review and Send page will display all the message details, messages, and notes about your message:
- Summary will display information from the selected recipients on how they will receive the message. This is not what was delivered but rather was is expected to be delivered for each channel.
- A final preview of each message for each channel is provided. Notice you cannot edit. If you wish to edit or change the message(s), select Back to Messaging Center at the top left handside of your screen.
- Enter Notes or information about the message.
- To Schedule a message for future delivery, fill out the date and time fields, and click the Schedule button.
- Send Now will send the message immediately to all recipients.
- A confirmation pop-up will have you do a final confirmation to send the message.
Messaging results now include Staff Calling results, located under the Contact results.
Reports will be available 1-2 hours after a mass message is sent, and can be accessed via the View Report button for each row in the view report table. The content of each report will be specific to the messaging channels selected for that mass message.
Now that your message has been sent, its time to review the results and available status information about the message(s) delivered. Learn more by visiting Messaging Reports!