This article will introduce you to a easy and quick way to search using the Quick Switcher, designed to get you where you need to go in Illuminate without ever leaving the keyboard.
Quick Switch updates seen below will be released on June 29, 2018.
Where to Start
In the side navigation panel, you can select the Search icon to activate the Quick Switcher.
From any page in Illuminate, you can use your keyboard to navigate quickly to whatever task is next on your to do list. This tool works on any browser.
If you are using a PC, hit CTRL and the letter K on your keyboard. From your Mac keyboard, hit command and the letter K. You will see a pop-up modal on your screen.
Your computer determines how to activate the Quick Switcher.
- For PCs, select and hold CTRL + K
- For Apple or Mac, select and hold Command (CMD) + K
Quick Switcher Basics
When the Quick Switcher displays, there following options may appear:
- Become Another User allows those with admin access to switch to another user's account quickly.
- Switch Students allows you to then search specifically through the students you have access to navigate to that student's profile page.
- Help provides quick and easy access to search documentation and videos.
- Tiles will take you directly back to the Tile Dashboard
- Return to Original User then allows the user to return to their own account quickly.
Start by typing a student's name. You can either select Search Students for 'steve' or Enter to search instantly with results.
By pressing Enter, a list of possible matches will appear. Use your keyboard arrows and Enter or mouse to select a student to view.
Use the quick switcher to search for tools and features.
- Type the menu heading or task you want to complete.
- The list you see represents any of the main navigation links that you have access to in Illuminate.
- Once you see what you need, simply hit Enter or Return to open that page.
Use the quick switcher to quickly find additional help documentation.
- Type the topic you want to learn more about.
- The list you see represents any of the help documentation or video links available to continue your learning.
- Once you see what you need, simply hit Enter or Return to open the document or video.
Now that you are Quick Switcher savvy, start exploring how to Setup User Notifications.