This lesson will guide you through the process of setting up user notifications within the system. For example, maybe you would like to be alerted when a student was added to one of your sections mid term, or when a student has a new medical caution.
New Navigation and Dashboard features will be released on June 29, 2018.
Where to Start
- Select your User Account icon on the top of the navigation panel.
- In the menu, select Notification Preferences.
You can also find Notification Preferences by doing the following:
- Select the Control Panel icon.
- Under Edit Account, select Notification Preferences.
You have options for various notifications. For each of the notification you wish to set up, you can select one or all of the following:
- Email, if you want to be notified via email.
- In-App if you want to be notified when you log into Illuminate (it will be the little bell at the top right corner of your screen).
- To confirm and save changes, click Submit.
A green banner should appear to confirm notifications have been successfully applied to your account.
Having Trouble Enabling Notifications? Enabling Notifications are based on permissions to use tools and features in Illuminate. If you are unable to select a notification, that means you do not have permission to use that tool. Contact your System Administrator for details.
There are two types of notifications you can enable for your account: by Email or by In-App, or within the application of Illuminate. Depending on which notifications you enable, you may see one or both of the following:
Once setup, if you selected to receive notifications In-App, you can click on the bell icon at the top of your page to see your new notifications.
- In bold, each notification shows where it is coming from. The message or notification details provide basic information.
- A date and time stamp are provided for each notification
- View All Notifications navigates to all notifications as opposed to most recent.
- Once notifications are reviewed, you can Clear the list from appear on this menu, but this will not remove them from your notification history.
The Email Address that is tied to your Illuminate User Account is the account that will receive any email notifications you subscribe to.
Now that your notifications are ready to go, learn All About Dashboard Tiles to make your Illuminate site perfect for you!