In this lesson, you will learn how to share a Flexible Assessment. You can always share assessment with others. It will only share the assessment's design and setup, but not student data unless they can see students. If you are not the assessment author, check with the assessment creator to share with you or others.
While these assessments are flexible, they are also new as of June 29, 2018. Please be advised that in comparison to our older Manual/Hybrid Assessments, this new assessment type at this time cannot do the following:
- Create Versions, or multiple answer keys in single assessment
- Configure Locked or Protected Features
Before You Get Started
Before you start building, it is encouraged to:
- Have at least 1 Flexible Assessment available to share with others
- Permission to share the assessment, if not the author
Where to Start
- Select Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Use search options to find and select the Flexible Assessment you want to share with others
The following steps will only work with Flexible Assessments. To learn how to share other assessments, visit Manual/Hybrid Assessments.
Whether you have student data or not, the ability to change the assessment's design, answer key and setup, if found under Share.
Option 1: From the Action Menu
- Select the Action Menu for the assessment you wish to share.
- Select Share.
Apply Sharing Permissions
- Select who you want to Share With.
- By default, when sharing you are sharing the assessment to view and download available reports and results for students the shared users have access to.
- Add selected users the ability to Can Administer this assessment to their own students.
- With caution, add selected users the ability to Can Edit, to make them an author to this assessment.
Can Edit or Not to Edit Be careful when sharing and enabling the Can Edit permission. To edit means to also change the answer key, to remove any design or setting configured, and also delete the assessment or student scores.