In this lesson, you will learn how to edit, duplicate, and delete a Flexible Assessment. You can always edit or delete an assessment if the Can Edit Sharing Permission has been given to you. If you are not the assessment author, check with the assessment creator if you are unsure as to whether or not you have this permission.
While these assessments are flexible, they are also new as of June 29, 2018. Please be advised that in comparison to our older Manual/Hybrid Assessments, this new assessment type at this time cannot do the following:
- Create Versions, or multiple answer keys in single assessment
- Configure Locked or Protected Features
Before You Get Started
Before you start building, it is encouraged to:
- Have at least 1 Flexible Assessment available
- Permission to edit or delete the assessment, if not the author
Where to Start
- Select Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Use search options to find and select the Flexible Assessment you want to add standards to
The following steps will only work with Flexible Assessments. To learn how to edit, duplicate, or manage other assessment types, visit Manual/Hybrid Assessments.
Whether you have student data or not, the ability to change the assessment's design, answer key and setup, if found under Edit.
You will be directed back to the Answer Key to refine and change as needed. Visit Creating a Flexible Assessment to review how.
Save is automatically happening as you work! When changes are made you will see a blue Saving... icon on the top of the assessment.
- To duplicate or make a copy of a Flexible Assessment, select the Advanced Menu or gear icon on the assessment's overview page.
- Select Duplicate Assessment.
- A green banner will appear showing the assessment has successfully been copied.
- The copy of the original assessment will be located on the top of the View Assessment Page.
Option 1: From the Action Menu
- Select the Action Menu for the assessment you wish to delete.
- Select Delete.
Option 2: From Within the Flexible Assessment
- Select Advanced Settings, or gear icon.
- Select Delete Assessment.
- Confirm to delete the assessment by checking BOTH of the statements provided.
- Did you realize you didn't want to delete? No problem! Select Nevermind, get me out of here! to cancel and go back.
- Ready to delete? Select Delete Assessment to confirm
Deleting Assessments, Deletes Student Scores Remember, once an assessment is deleted, it is also removed from anyone the assessment is shared with and all student scores tied to the assessment.
Now learn how to apply assessment settings to make your building even easier with Advanced Settings with Flexible Assessments.
Have ideas to make us better? Join our Focus Groups who help with design and feedback throughout the year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join.