In this lesson, you will learn how to administer or assess students with a Flexible Assessment. Administering the assessment means you are providing the students with tools to answer the questions by means of scanning, online testing, or manually enter/edit student scores into the Flexible Assessment.
Implementation Tip! Consider how you will train and guide users to access their data using our new Flexible Assessment Overview and how this may differ from their use of our Itembank and Manual/Hybrid Assessment Overview page utilization. Pilot groups and early adopters may be the best audience for this new FLEX assessment.
While these assessments are flexible, they are also new as of June 29, 2018. Please be advised that in comparison to our older Manual/Hybrid Assessments, this new assessment type at this time cannot do the following:
- Create Versions, or multiple answer keys in single assessment
- Configure Locked or Protected Features
Before you start building, it is encouraged to:
- Have a Flexible Assessment available
- Permission to administer a Flexible Assessment
1. Click Assessments.
2. Under General, click View Assessments.
Where to Start
- Select Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Use search options to find and select the Flexible Assessment you want to administer to students
Administer a Flexible Assessment
Option 1: From the Action Menu
- Select the Action Menu for the assessment you wish to administer to students.
- Select Administer.
There are three options on how to administer the assessment: Scanning, Manually Enter/Edit, and Online Testing.
- To set up this assessment to be available to students online, select Online Testing.
- Select Print Answer Sheets for student unique answer sheets.
- Grade with Camera to start scanning student results!
- Grade with Scanner to upload a file or pre-scanned results to score in mass.
- Enter/Edit allows for review of teacher-graded questions, view student work, and review auto-scored responses.
- Import assessment data allows for data to be imported into the assessment, using a specific format.
Your administration options for students are available based on your Flexible Assessment's answer key. Question types vary if supported with scanning and online testing. If using Explicit Constructed Response items in your Flexible Assessment, your administration options are Manually Enter/Edit or Online Testing only.
Push to Gradebooks An option is to push the assessment to outside gradebooks. Based on your District/LEA setup, you may or may not see these options.