This student guide will assist students with using the locked browser app for Chromebooks during online testing.
Where to Start
What you will need:
- your student ID, username, email address, or state student ID
- the access code for the assessment your teacher has assigned to you
- a Chromebook with the Illuminate LockDown Browser app installed
1. Turn on your Chromebook.
2. Click Apps and select the Illuminate app. When the Illuminate App launches, log in page will load immediately.
Do not log into your Chromebook first. If you log in, you won't have access to the installed apps.
3. Enter your student log in information. This could be your student ID, your username, your email address, or your state student ID. Check with your teacher if you have any questions.
4. Enter the Access Code provided by your teacher.
5. Click Next to load the assessment.
Once you've finished your test, you will click Finish and Submit in your online assessment.
After you've submitted your answers, you'll be prompted to restart your Chromebook. Simply use your power button to force your Chromebook to shut down. you can then restart your Chromebook and log in to proceed as normal.
Learn more about viewing your assessment results in the student portal here.