This lesson will guide you through adding an incident using the Template Form in your eduCLIMBER system.
1. Click the + Student button towards the top.
2. Type the first three letters of the student’s first or last name to select a name and then click Add.
3. After selecting a name, a window will pop-up asking if you want to add another student to the incident. Only one incident will be created, but all students selected will be assigned an incident. If multiple students were involved in the incident, click Yes, if only one student was involved in the incident, click No.
- The student’s school, the entry user, date, time, and observer are all prefilled. You can change any of these except the entry user. Click the down arrows in each field box (date icon in the “Incident Date” box) to change that information.
- Click the down arrow to select the location of the incident.
- Clicking the box next to Notify Assigned Staff will email only teachers who have a course with that student.
- Begin typing individual staff member names in the Notify Users field to select certain staff members to be emailed of this incident.
- Students assigned to this incident will appear in tabs within this area. Click individual tabs to go to other students. If only one student is selected for this incident, only one name will appear here.
Add Behavior details:
1. Click the down arrow in the Incident Type box to select the type of incident to assign (i.e. major, minor, seclusion/restraint, etc.).
2. To delete any incident from a form, click the red minus button.
3. Click the down arrow in the Incident Behavior box to select the type of behavior exhibit for this incident.
4. The primary box is used to identify which behavior was the primary behavior. If you are assigning multiple behaviors, you can select which one was the primary behavior by selecting the primary box under that behavior.
5. Click the Add Behavior button to add multiple behaviors on one incident. You can add any incident type and select any behavior when you click Add Behavior.
Add Perceived Motivation, Description:
6. Click the down arrow in the Perceived Motivation field box to select the student’s motivation.
7. Use the Description area to type the description of the incident.
Add Response details:
1. By default, your district chooses which incident types are automatically completed and which are not. If this is checked, it means this incident is automatically completed. If this box is not checked, it means it will go to the admin’s Open Incident window for further action.
2. Click the down arrow in the Response field box to select the response for this incident.
3. Click the red minus button to delete a response from an incident.
4. If you have multiple responses for an incident, click the primary box to indicate which response was the primary response.
5. Add multiple responses by clicking the Add Response button.
Add Parent Contact / Comments:
6. Click the date icon in the Contact Date field box to indicate the date parents/guardians were contacted about this incident (this is not required to save the incident).
7. Type any notes from the parent/guardian contact in the Parent Comments section.
- Click Save & Close to save this incident and close the window from your dashboard.
- Click the down arrow to the right of Save & Close to have an option to Save & Print - this will save the incident and open a window for you to print it immediately.
To learn more about using Incidents in your eduCLIMBER system, see the lessons in the Incidents manual.