This lesson will guide you through creating behavior thresholds based on behavior in your eduCLIMBER system.
Where to Start
1. Once you click to Add Threshold, you will see an option to choose the type of threshold.
2. Click Behavior to add a behavior threshold.
1. Type a name for your threshold (names must be unique).
2. Choose Behavior to build your threshold based on the behavior of the incident.
3. Choose a starting date - the starting date will be the date this threshold begins running year after year (note there is no end date because it continues to run).
4. Choose an ending date - the ending date will be the date this threshold stops looking at data - the threshold will continue once the starting date is reached.
5. Choose the timeframe students will have to trigger this threshold (the start of the threshold is individual student based - it will look at behaviors within the selected timeframe based on the dates indicated above).
6. You can choose to look at any selected behavior or the same behavior (can be a severity type or specific behaviors).
7. Choose “Greater Than,” “Less Than,” “Equal To”.
8. Choose the number that makes the statement true.
9. Click Save to save your changes.
10. Click Next to go on to the next page.
1. Since you are building the threshold on behavior, the “Responses” page is inactive.
2. Click Next to continue to the next page.
1. Choose the severity or behavior you want to include:
- Counselor Visits
- Health Office Visits
2. Click New to add your preference to the list.
1. Once preference of severity level or behaviors is selected, click Save to ensure all changes are saved.
2. Click the X in the upper right corner to go back to your main thresholds page.
1. You can continue adding thresholds by selecting the Modify button - the top Modify button will let you add a threshold outside of current threshold groups.
2. The second Modify button will let you add a threshold in the same grouping with already existing thresholds.
Note: Once a threshold is created, a box will be placed around it to identify it as a group. To add a threshold to that group, click the "Modify” button in that box/grouping. This will let you specify all parameters must be met in that group in order for the threshold to trigger. If you are interested in adding another threshold outside of the existing one(s), click the top "Modify" button to create a new threshold outside of the currently existing group.
To learn more about Thresholds in your eduCLIMBER system, see the lessons in the Thresholds manual.