This lesson will guide you through creating a new observation and getting it started.
There may be a time when you want to make an observation on a student. Our observations feature invites you to create observation counts and interval observations. Follow the directions below to see the process.
Where to Start
- Access a student page and select a school year (defaults to the current school year).
- Choose a student.
- Select Observations.
Create a New Observation
1. You will be brought to a page where you will see all observational data. To create a new observation, click Create.
2. Select the school year.
3. Select the student name.
4. Select the course (brought in from your class lists/from your SIS).
5. Type the purpose of the observation.
6. Click Next to continue.
Creating Observational Data
You have two options when creation observational data:
- Start Observation will invite you to document a count of the number of times a behavior is displayed.
- Start Interval of Observation will invite you to document behaviors as seen within a set amount of time (i.e. observe for 3 seconds, take notes for 30 seconds, observe for 3 seconds, take notes for 30 seconds, etc.)
Now that you've learned how to create new observation, learn more about the Start Observation option.