This lesson will guide you through adding academic thresholds in your eduCLIMBER system.
Where to Start
1. Once you click to Add Threshold, you will see an option to choose the type of threshold.
2. Click Academic to add an academic threshold.
1. You can choose any assessment suite/gradebook in your system to build a threshold (names must be unique).
2. Choose the assessment or gradebook type.
3. If you want to build the threshold based on a score detail (i.e. growth percentile, national percentile rank, test duration, etc.). rather than the raw score, identify that score detail in the "Score Detail” field.
4. Define your parameters by starting with “Be Less Than,” “Be Greater Than,” “Be Equal To”.
5. If you are looking at a number or value, choose “a value of” - if you are looking at a percentage, choose “a percent of”.
6. Choose the value/percent that makes the sentence accurate.
7. Click Save.
8. Click Next.
1. The next area is a place to identify skill areas - this is an either/or view. Therefore, if you select multiple skills in the “Skill Areas” menu, you will be looking for students who meet your parameters in one or the other (can be both - as long as at least one is met, the threshold will trigger).
1. After clicking New on the skill areas view, select the skills of focus or choose the checkmark at the top to select all skill areas.
2. Click Save to apply the skills to your threshold.
1. Once all skills of preference are selected, click Next to continue building your threshold.
1. The final page of an academic threshold is identifying the windows for the assessment. Again, this is an either/or view. Therefore, if you select multiple windows, you will be looking for students who meet your parameters in one or the other (can be both - as long as at least one is met, the threshold will trigger).
1. Choose the assessment window from the dropdown list.
2. Click Update to save your changes.
3. Click New to continuing adding windows.
1. Once all windows of preference are selected, click Save to ensure all changes are saved.
2. Click the X in the upper right corner to go back to your main page.
1. You can continue adding thresholds by selecting the Modify button - the top Modify button will let you add a threshold outside of current threshold groups.
2. The second Modify button will let you add a threshold in the same grouping as your already existing threshold.
Note: Once a threshold is created, a box will be placed around it to identify it as a group. To add a threshold to that group, click the “Modify” button in that box/grouping. This will let you specify all parameters must be met in that group in order for the threshold to trigger. If you are interested in adding another threshold outside of the existing one(s), click the top “Modify” button to create a new threshold outside of the currently existing group.
To learn more about Thresholds in your eduCLIMBER system, see the lessons in the Thresholds manual.