Below are recent updates made in between official releases for the month of July. As always, if you have any questions about a feature, please contact your Implementation Manager or Customer Support.
Amplify NGSS Itembank and Assessments 2018-2019
- Amplify NGSS Assessments and Itembank items are now available for the 2018-2019 school year Aug 29
For more information, please contact your Customer Success Manager for details!
- Certica Itembanks have been updated and renamed to Certica Navigate (Subject) for the following subjects: Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies, and Spanish.
- When setting up an assessment online, the Locked Browser specifications were limited and are now up to date with some upgraded options! Visit Managing Locked Browsers for Online Testing for more information.
- Intel Assessment import tool has been optimized with more efficiency when importing.
- Fluence items assigned new ID or identifications numbers with legacy alignment.
- KIPP Foundation has been added a published itembank (KIPP Foundation Access Only)
- State Assessment Data for California Physical Fitness Test (PFT) Alternate Formats for the years 07-08 and 08-09 has been added and made available for import.
Non Traditional Selected Response or Partial Credit has been added to Itembank. Each correct answer choice is +1 point. Incorrect choices are not counted against students. An example for this question type would be:
- Possible answer choices are: A,B,C,D
- Correct answers are: A,B,C
- Max Points are: 3
- If 'A' , B', 'C', 'AD', 'BD' or 'CD' are selected, the student will receive 1 point
- If 'AB', 'AC', 'BC', 'ABD' or 'BCD' are selected, the student will receive 2 points
- If 'ABC' is selected, the student will receive 3 points
- If 'D' is selected, or if the question is left blank, the student will receive zero points
- Centerpoint Itembank is now available for purchase to add to your itembank options
- "Language" Attribute to Certica import tool
- When in a Flexible Assessment, the top navigation bar did not match the answer key page as expected. Now, the Top Bar on Assessment Landing Page matches the Answer Key Top Bar. Aug 28
- Flexible Assessment titles were showing as 'Hybrid Assessment' in an internet browser tab has been fixed to show 'Flexible Assessment' Aug 21
- When you are the author of an assessment > Advanced > Change Author > the GREEN button should read "Nevermind, get me out of here". It currently reads the assessment title (shown above) Aug 14
- Flex Assessments has been renamed to Flexible Assessments
- Assessment, Item and Passage creation without the wizard has been removed. When creating itembank, manual or hybrid assessments, or itembank items and passages, there is no longer the option to switch back between the former creation and new creation tools
Tuesday August 7
- In an assessment, when a user goes to Enter/Edit but no questions were added yet, the message has been returned has been updated with a click to navigate accordingly
- Live Proctoring 1.0 has been removed or deprecated from Manage Online Testing
- Inline help links when accessing an assessment without sharing permissions, has been updated to the following document: https://support.illuminateed.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004391274-Share-With-Others
Tuesday August 14
- Linking assessment to gradebook displayed an error message even though no error has occurred has been resolved
- Printed Report Card pdfs now display the correct Site and Teacher Name when Control Panel is set to District Site
- When a non-itembank assessment is assigned a quick code, then a material is removed (required for online testing), an pop-up error message did not appear. Now a message will alert the user that a material is required for online testing.
Tuesday August 21
- Error resolved when clicking "Publish and Administer" within Itembank or when "Online Testing Administration" in ATD once the assessment has been published
- Error showed regardless of the Item Bank assessment and regardless of whether or not a change has been made to the answer key. In addition, after selecting the Save button, the non-rubric weight fields appear to lose their values and turn red .Clients should be able to save their Item Bank assessment answer keys.
- Dollar Signs are now read correctly with enabled Text-To-Speech accommodations
Tuesday August 28
- Reports that there are differences between what the Text-to-Speech reader is highlighting and what is being read have been resolved
- Live Proctoring Tile produced an error when selected, is now resolved and takes users to the live proctoring page as expected
- In Flexible Assessments, a 0 or zero is an accepted value if part of selected answer choices and scores as expected
IL SBE SIS State Reports
The following IL State Extracts for 2018-2019 have been created:
- ISBE SIS Preschool Student Course Alignment
- ISBE SIS Assessment Pre-ID
- ISBE SIS Discipline
- ISBE | Student Course Assignment
- ISBE | English Language or EL
- ISBE | Exit Student Enrollment
- ISBE | Teacher Course Assignment Exit
- ISBE | ELL Screener
- ISBE | SID Request
2018-2019 ISBE SIS Preschool Student Course Assignment rollover to 2018-2019 school year, now shows the correct School Year Column date as '2019'
*IL State Reporting only
Contacts Basics Custom Reporting Meta Data
The following fields have been added as available columns when creating custom reports using the Contacts Basics table:
- Primary Contacts Mailing Address City
- Primary Contacts Mailing Address State
- Primary Contacts Mailing Address Zip Code
- Secondary Contacts Primary Address City
- Secondary Contacts Primary Address State
- Secondary Contacts Primary Address Zip Code
- Secondary Contacts Mailing Address City
- Secondary Contacts Mailing Address State
- Secondary Contacts Mailing Address Zip Code
Traveling Attendance Letters
Attendance Letters will now include traveling attendance from sites within the current academic year!
- Attendance will no longer be limited to the currently enrolled school site only
- Attendance across all enrollment site for the academic year is included in the triggers
Learn how to create and manage your Attendance Letters by visiting Attendance Letters to get started.
- Some of the column headings were incorrect for the 2018-2019 CEDARS R Student Exclusionary Discipline File. Updates to the following columns with the new titles listed below for all WA instances.
- R13 - DurationExclusionaryActionDays
- R14 -ExclusionaryTime
- R15 - IAES
- R18 - PetitionForReadmission
- R19 - GrantedPetitionForReadmission
- R20 - PetitionForExtension
- R22 - ReengagementMeeting
- R23 - Appeal
- Duplicate student records are now removed from appearing in the 2018-2019 CEDARS B District Student File
- Reported First Name,Reported Last Name,Reported Middle Name to the Student Demographics screen appears for the Last Name, First Name and Middle Name columns on 2018-2019 CEDARS B. District Students (NEW) extracts
- Logic was released to live and Mass Update Tool should now update either field (Graduation Date or Graduation Status) if it is blank
- When the permission of "new dwelling" was not enabled (i.e., centralized enrollment), a new pre-registration record to an existing dwelling was causing an error with a red banner saying "it cannot approve the record" but created an approved duplicate student, keeping the pre-registered student record alive. Now, users without the ability to create or add dwellings will receive the error message, and not create a student.
- Downloading Student Health Profile as a pdf resulted in an oops error and now has been resolved
- State Extract logic in support of Military Families has beeb updated to include either/or miltary_affiliation IS TRUE or military_family_indicator has "Y"
- A fix has been made when you go to Students > Programs > 504 Accommodations and either Edit or Add an Accommodation for a student, a drop down would appear in the middle of the screen and now has been removed
- Sort Order was not being respected in Resident District (Transfer Districts) demographic field. When applied to the Transfer District code table in code management, is now respected when selecting a value in the Resident District demographic field
- When using the Advanced Language Search and a student has concurrent enrollment in the same grade level, a single grade level is displayed as they are the same (Current School column also displays both site names). It will display the grade level twice. The order the school and grade level match between the columns. SITE A, SITE B -> Grade Level A, Grade Level B.
- Error resolved when running a mass update for Special Ed
- (RCOE) ISI Rollover Tool has been updated to rollover at the District Level for selected sites with ZZ sites disabled
- On the Student Demographic page some fields required a user to manually open a text field to view all the data within that field has been resolved to now has all the text that is input into a field, display without having to open field text box.
- GPA Ranking now includes Special Ed Students as expected
- When in the SELA tool the "Error Filter" was not sticking when a user selects any option other than "All Records" has now been resolved.
- The Early On Caseload Report PDF is now showing the Early On Service Column.
- Developmental Status Page within the IFSP Process has had the following issue resolved: If you use "Save Area" it will save this area and keep the rest of the data in other sections there. BE SURE to also SAVE your other sections before you leave. NOTE: The Save on the TOP RIGHT will save all areas on the page.
- Medicaid: The "Click here to reload this page" will now show once you have created a new Medicaid Billing Batch on the Billing Page.
- IFSP Service Details Edit: Both of the following dropdowns (Service Location and Service Delivery Method) have been resized to allow all options to be easily seen.
UX and UI (User Experience and Interface)
When selecting a widget such as Favorites, the widget would appear dark and unable to be interacted with. The following has been resolved:
- Favorites Tile produces expected popup list, no dark screen in front of list
- List items are clickable and redirect appropriately
- New favorites items are populated to the tile list and are clickable
- File downloads of list items, filtering (district or my favorites), changing number of entries per page, navigation between pages of entires, and search are functional within the favorites list popup.
- Interactive Guides (formally WalkMe) has been removed, replacing with Pendo Guides. All former interactive guides available will be placed within Pendo by end of Fall 2018.
- When a site is held in routine maintenance, updates have been made to match the new Illuminate 11.0 look!
- A fix was made that if a user has the permission to manage core data import tranformations, they should be able to do so.
- Automation profile timed out anytime any edit was performed and clients could not run the automation profile Now, edits are allowed to be made on the profile and grant access to the SFTP
- PFT update made with BMI Healthy Fitness Zone index. Student's BMI is 35 was not being styled accurately (displaying as blank instead of red for NI-Health Risk) now has been updated
- Ability to allow for consortium to wipe specific districts has been updated
- When trying to extract a scheduled extract, the export tool was failing to populate a file on a third party vendors SFTP server. Additionally, the logs were not showing any viable reason as to why this extract is failing. The data extract now allows and populates the third parties SFTP server.
- PFT State tool's View or Create features are now working now that it's the 2018-2019 school year. Users were getting an Oops error when trying to load the PFT state reporting tool.
- Measured Progress 2018 Formative Content Bank Maintenance updates
State Data Known Import Tool
- CT SBA 2017-2018 imports, including State Assessment Dashboard and Student Profile widgets
- CO CMAS (ELA & Math) 2017-2018
- AP Test 2017-2018
- AZ AIMS A 2017-2018
- CO CMAS 2017-2018 (Science/Social Studies)
- PARCC NJ 2016-2017
- WA ELPA21 2017-2018
- Arizona AIMS Science 17-18
- MI WIDA 2017-2018
- New Mexico PARCC 2017-2018
- NM SBA Science 17-18
- NM WIDA ACCESS & ALT ACCESS 2017-2018
- MI SAT 2017-2018
- MI PSAT 2017-2018
- KS K-ELPA 2017-2018
CA ELPAC (Initial) 2018-2019
- 2018-2019 ELPAC Initial LST
- 2018-2019 ELPAC Initial LST Demographics
- MI-ACCESS 2017-2018
CO SAT/PSAT 2017-2018
- 2017-2018 CO SAT Scores
- 2017-2018 CO SAT Demographics
- 2017-2018 CO PSAT 8/9 Scores
- 2017-2018 CO PSAT 8/9 Demographics
- 2017-2018 CO PSAT Scores
- 2017-2018 CO PSAT Demographics
MA ACCESS 2017-2018
- 2017-2018 ACCESS
- 2017-2018 ACCESS
- Student Profile Widgets updates for State Assessment - Performance Summary (dashboard)
- Student Profile Widget updates for State Assessment - Overview (student profile)
- Custom Reporting Meta Data is available pre-built for 2018-2019 AIMSweb Meta Data to be made available before importing actual data, like a placeholder in custom reports. Typically, state assessment data upon import is then made available for custom reporting use.
In Custom Reports an option is to use Filters to refine the data to be viewed. When setting up filters for the columns, option to matches one of these values OR does not match any of these values wouldn't show the values when visiting Advanced Filters. Now the value display as expected int he Advanced Filters setup page.
- Assessment Type filters may change and reflect SBAC State Data Assessment imported when generating Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBAC) prebuilt reports. This allows for The SBA reports to work with INTERIM ASSESSMENT BLOCK data, and not only Summative (Final) and INTERIM COMPREHENSIVE. (Aug 28)
Visit available SBAC Prebuilt Report Abstracts for more details!
- STAAR Prebuilt reports now generate successfully for Reading and Writing for 2018. These were added to the filters for reporting purposes
- Existing CA CELDT Longitudinal Roster and Student List reports now work with the new ELPAC standard
- Grammatical updates have been made within the confirmation of deleting a report from "Delete Reports(s)" to "Delete Report(s)"
- Updates and enhancements to 2016-2017 CMAS Demographics and 2016-2017 CMAS Social Studies for missing columns
- STAR Ren SGP Early Lit, Reading, and Math files all use a 31 column format, but our known_data_set_specs table has them set to 39, which prevented clients from being able to import the data has now been resolved
- MO MAP 15-16 LEP Batch Entry Insert Error has been resolved
- In Window Columns function Percentage of Total now rounds buy 2 decimals if and when selected
- When sharing direct report links, if a user was not previously logged in it would prompt to sign in and then not direct them to the direct report. This has now be solved to even after logging in, direct the user to the report as expected.
- In various reports, there is the ability to drilldown to student view. With the new view, the ability to close the drilldown was hidden. This has now be fixed.
- Added validation for Column Name has been included when changing or editing a Calculation column name in a custom report
- When choosing the "SAT" option on the PSAT/SAT Performance Summary report, the loading wheel appears and you were no longer able to select any other filters or run the report. This has been resolved to select any filters without the loading wheel or errors.
- WI clients receive their ACT data as a 1075 column fixed-width file, as opposed to 1050. Those last 26 character contain three fields that are specific to Wisconsin clients. The extract has been updated accordingly.