In this lesson, this will guide how to manage student access in FAST as part of your on-going use and maintenance.
Required Permissions: Manage third party integrations
You will need to manually enable FastBridge Learning SSO for students within Illuminate. This turns on the FastBridge module in students' Student Portal accounts. This does not happen automatically as districts pay for usage by student.
- Click on the Administration Gear.
- Under Other, click Integrations.
- Click Configured Integrations.
- Click Configure for FastBridge Learning.
- Under Step 4, click Enable SSO for the appropriate students.
Tip: You can bookmark the Enable SSO page or add the URL to a tile on your homepage for quick access.
- Set the Enabled filter to No.
- Click Search Students.
- Use the checkboxes to select the students you need to enable.
- Click Enable.
Enabling a student(s) is not instant. The Illuminate to Fast Bridge sync happens nightly, so a School Manager or Specialist at each site will need to manage this process daily during the testing windows if NEW students are enrolled.
Students will need to have access to the Illuminate Student Portal in order for the integration tool to work. You can verify if a student(s) has portal access through the Manage Portal Access tool. If you are not the person that enables Student Portal, you will need to contact the individual that is managing that process for your school organization.
- “Manage Student Access” within FAST: This dictates which assessments will appear for students upon logging into FAST.
- Select the group of students (i.e. “roster”) for which you would like to manage student access. Note that you can utilize the schools, grade, and staff drop downs as well as the search box.
- Individual classes can be edited using the pencil icon to the right of the screen, or groups of classes can be edited using the “Check All” option and then clicking the pencil icon in the header.
It is best to set start and end dates that mirror your terms. By doing this however, all selected tests show all year instead of students only seeing what they need when they need it.
- Choose the assessments you would like to enable for the group of students previously selected. Then set a start date and end date during which time students should see the assessments upon logging into FAST.
- After making your selections, click Save Access.
Now that you are excited about FAST, chat with your Customer Success Manager for more details!
You can also visit our Illuminate U FAST Webinar Series!