In this lesson, you will learn how to log in, log out, and manage your Illuminate account and access your eduCLIMBER account.
Your Illuminate System Admin will have your account and site information. To get started, make sure to retrieve the following information to log in and get illuminated:
- Your site's URL for Illuminate Education (e.g., districtname.illuminateEd.com)
- Your username and password for Illuminate Education
- Computer and Internet access
- Open your favorite internet browser (i.e., Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Open your preferred browser and type your district's URL, or web address, at the top of your screen. Press Enter on your keyboard.
- If someone has given you the website link electronically (e.g., in an email), you can visit the site by simply clicking the link in the email message.
- Often you can find the address as a link on your district's staff portal, as well.
3. Log Into Your Illuminate Account
- Enter the username given to you by your district administrator.
- Enter the password given to you by your district administrator. Passwords are also "case sensitive," meaning that if characters are set up as capital or lowercase letters, they must be typed that same way when logging into the system.
- Select Sign In to get started! You will then see the Dashboard where you can choose from a host of options with your Illuminate account.
- Forgot your password? While your System Admin can help, you can reset your own password. Simply select Forgot Your Password to receive an email to reset your password.
I didn't receive an email to reset my password! If you didn't receive an email while trying to reset your password, it is possible your district did not provide an email address to your account. Check with your System Administrator for assistance.
- Follow Us! Click to connect with Illuminate Education socially on Twitter and Facebook. We'd love to follow you too!
- Fabulous little illuminators highlighted change periodically. This image may change upon login.
For users who use Google Single Sign On or Google SSO, simple select Sign in with Google! You will be prompted to authenticate your account.
If you need password assistance, contact your Site's Google System Administrator as Illuminate's Forgot Password will not be helpful to you.
Using Google Single Sign On? Users do not have to complete this step.
Only users who are logging into Illuminate for the first time or users who passwords who have been reset, will need to complete the following.
- Type the new password you would like to have.
- Type the same password you typed above in the Confirm Password section.
- Click Change Password.
Congratulations! You have now successfully changed your password. Just in case, make sure to write it down or keep it somewhere safe.
- Password must contain at least 1 letters.
- Password must contain at least 1 uppercase letters.
- Password must contain at least 1 non-alphanumeric characters.
- It must contain no spaces.
- Passwords are "case sensitive," which means if you capitalize a letter now, you will have to capitalize it later for the password to work (and if you type a lowercase letter now, you will have to use a lowercase letter later).
Now that you are in your Illuminate account, connect and link your eduCLIMBER account.
- To link your eduCLIMBER account to your Illuminate account, select the eduCLIMBER icon on the top-right of your dashboard.
Open in a New Tab or Window Currently, when the eC icon is selected, it will open and replace where you are in Illuminate. If you wish to open your eduCLIMBER account and not replace your Illuminate page, hold CTRL or CMD and Click the eC icon to open it in a new tab or window within your internet browser.
Want us to do it for you? Vote!
Your eduCLIMBER instance will already be connected with Illuminate, but now you need to link your user account.
- Upon the first time logging into eduCLIMBER, you will be prompted to create a new password. It is recommended to use your same Illuminate password.
- Confirm the new password entered above.
- Select Update to confirm changes and connect your accounts.
- When you access your eduCLIMBER account, a message may appear from your District. If a message is available, you will need to read and confirm the message by selecting OK.
Congratulations! You have now successfully linked your Illuminate and eduCLIMBER accounts!
At this time, getting back to Illuminate requires using the Browsers back button or opening a new tab to enter and access your Illuminate account.
Want a Back to Illuminate button? Vote here!
Do not log out of eduCLIMBER! You want to keep your accounts linked, so it is highly recommended to not log out, but rather go back or enter Illuminate in a new window or tab in your browser. If you log out of your eduCLIMBER account, you will have to reset and repeat the above steps.