In this lesson, you will learn how to create an Assessment View or bundle assessments together, to send to your eduCLIMBER account. The steps below are to support the transfer of your assessment data into your eduClimber account.
Summary Assessments, Skills Assessments, and On the Fly Assessments cannot be placed in Assessment Views at this time.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, you will need to make sure to:
- Have permission to create Assessment Views and Link Assessment Views to eduCLIMBER
- Review how to Create/Edit an Assessment View
- Review Tagging Assessments in the Assessments Details Page (Manual/Hybrid) and when Creating a Flexible Assessment (Flexible Assessments only)
- Review Performance Bands, to ensure that such assessments have the same performance bands applied.
1. Choose Your Illuminate Assessments
Determine which Illuminate Assessments you wish to place in an assessment view and transfer data to your eduCLIMBER account. When choosing assessments, please consider the following:
Assessments chosen for the assessment view to eduCLIMBER need to have similar or the same performance bands. If not, you may want to consider grouping your assessments into assessment views that have the same performance bands.
To learn more about Performance Bands, visit Creating and Managing Performance Band Sets for details.
For quick and easy transfer, make sure your assessments are tagged or tied to Subject Areas. While optional for Illuminate, the subject area that the assessment is tied to is how it is packaged in eduCLIMBER.
|If I Tag My Illuminate Assessment with…||Then in eC, the Assessment will bundle in…|
|English Language Arts||Literacy|
|English Language Development||Literacy|
|Arts: Visual Arts||Specials|
Any new or added Subject by District/Organization from the above,
If Subject is left as blank
2. Create an Assessment View
You will need to first create an Assessment View. Visit Create/Edit an Assessment View to review step-by-step instructions. When creating an assessment view for eduCLIMBER to transfer assessment data, you have a few options to consider:
In eduCLIMBER, you can organize assessments and administration data by windows or time of year such as Fall, Winter, Spring, First Semester, etc. To maximize data syncing and visualization goals in eduCLIMBER, it may be your choice to organize assessments in these types of views as well.
Below is an example of how you can bundle assessments by window or time of year for most successful eC syncing:
Add all assessments into an assessment view. It is recommended to create an Assessment View called For eduCLIMBER Only, or note in the title that the view is for eduCLIMBER transfer of your assessment data. Throughout the year, you can add assessments to the view as you'd like.
This option may make your assessment view large, with dozens of assessments and not offer the best data visualization in Illuminate.
Should I Share? In Illuminate, sharing usually is determined by the user. If the assessment view and selected assessments are NOT shared, no one will see them except the author or owner.
When you push an unshared assessment view to eduCLIMBER, everyone will be able to see the assessment view base don their rostered students. If you import student scores to it, people will see them based on visibility.
3. Add Assessments to Your View
- Find and choose the desired assessments to be in the assessment view. You will see information automatically populated based on the details of the assessments selected such as Subjects.
- Select Save to add them to the assessment view.
- Select Overview to return to the assessment view's homepage. All of the data will combine to create a summary and overall performance of the selected assessments.
Learn more about assessment views by visiting Use an Assessment View.
Illuminate Assessments can be in multiple views! Assessments can be in as many assessment views as they apply.
5. Manage Synced Assessment Views
If you need to stop syncing the assessment view to eduCLIMBER, you can Suspend the sync. This can be used when the view is old or out of date, or contains assessments and data not desired to view in eduCLIMBER.
You can also Resume, or sync the view and added assessments again.
Now you can visit your eduCLIMBER account to visualize your assessment data.