Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. These surveys (using Itembank assessments) are free and available to all Illuminate users.
CORE Social Emotional Learning or SEL Surveys are available to installed and shared by your Customer Success Manager.
Why is SEL Important?
All About CORE SEL
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Santa Ana
- Garden Grove
- Long Beach
- Sacramento and Riverside counties (coordinated through their County Offices of Education)
- San Bernardino City Unified School District
- A consortium of districts in the Silicon Valley (the East Side Alliance coordinated by the Silicon Valley Education Foundation)
- Sweetwater Union High School District
- Aspire Public Schools, Green Dot Public Schools
- Oxnard family of schools
Yes. Each district has agreed to administer the SEL CORE Survey during the Spring and submit results to CORE.
Yes! CORE has provided their two surveys. CORE has also reviewed and provided feedback for scales/groupings.
Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning or CASEL conducted a 2017 Meta-analysis Case Study on Promoting Positive Youth Development Through School-based Social and Emotional Learning Interventions of Follow-Up Effects (213 studies 270,000 K-12 students)
- 9% improvement in attitudes about self, others, and school
- 23% improvement in social and emotional skills
- 9% improvement in classroom behavior
- 11% improvement in achievement test scores
- 9% decrease in conduct problems, such as classroom misbehavior and aggression
- 10% decrease in emotional distress, such as anxiety and depression
Yes, but they are not in our system and not set-up for reporting. For a fee you can research and purchase the following outside of Illuminate:
- Quality Research-Based Commercial Measures:
- Devereux Early Childhood Assessment (DECA)
- Devereux Student Strengths Assessment (DESSA)
- Social Emotional Assets and Resilience Scale (SEARS)
- Social Skills Improvement System Rating Scales (SSIS-RS)
- Behavioral and Emotional Rating Scale (BERS-2)
- Search Institute - REACH Framework
- TESSERA Non-Cognitive Assessment System
Want CORE SEL Surveys? Contact your Customer Success Manager to get your surveys installed.
Take a peak at our CORE Social Emotional Learning Surveys Guide to get started!